the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, how close are you to the heavily wooded area, would it just pass thru with no chance of fighting it in your area, or is there a buffer zone of sorts where you would only be dealing with smaller fires and embers ?
The bush is close enough to be told to evacuate on Tuesday & be ready to do it again if the wind changes.

The bush is close enough to be told to evacuate on Tuesday & be ready to do it again if the wind changes.
Sorry to hear mate, I hope you dont have to evac and the wind blows it back on itself in time.

Were facing mid 40s here on wed, with 35km winds expected, thankfully only for one day, you guys have copped it for weeks up there.

hope your doing ok over there, how close has the front come to you now ?
was out trying to mow down some of the area by the back fence/ paddock, and the mower deck spindle snapped.
grrrrr
just set up the petrol water pump by the well so if we loose power, we can still feed water to the house line and use a few hoses.
Well is almost dry tho :(
Still have some gear by the shed to move and rake up all the leaves from the gum tree, then put it all back.
Will be keeping my children home tomorrow, even if they do no close the school for catastrophic fire day, better for us all to be together.

was out trying to mow down some of the area by the back fence/ paddock, and the mower deck spindle snapped.
grrrrr
just set up the petrol water pump by the well so if we loose power, we can still feed water to the house line and use a few hoses.
Still have some gear by the shed to move and rake up all the leaves from the gum tree, then put it all back.
Will be keeping my children home tomorrow, even if they do no close the school for catastrophic fire day, better for us all to be together.
The closest is around 20 km away now, just enough wind to keep it creeping along into unburnt territory, if the wind picks up it can still be big trouble, some burn ash is still showing up as rain on the radar, smoke haze vis at the moment is around half a k, the fire at Ebor is massive & growing, deliberately lit by a drug grower who's going to gaol for a few years. The fire 20 k away has alone burnt 173,000 hectares

grrrrr

uh oh i just read your weather forecast,,, chances favors the prepared & resourceful so you be all good but its looking like a long fire summer.. I wish could share about the cool almost cold past weeks here with rain so green & long pasture is my paddock..

The closest is around 20 km away now, just enough wind to keep it creeping along into unburnt territory, if the wind picks up it can still be big trouble, some burn ash is still showing up as rain on the radar, smoke haze vis at the moment is around half a k, the fire at Ebor is massive & growing, deliberately lit by a drug grower who's going to gaol for a few years. The fire 20 k away has alone burnt 173,000 hectares

Will the cool change arrive in time and will the change in wind direction be helpful for you.
Those fires over on the east coast have left a terrible path of destruction.

They have upped the weather forecast here to 43 and 50km/hr winds tomorrow, will be glad when the day is over, hopefully without incident.

Not sure when the power will go off, most likely today due to high winds, they cut power incase a tree branch falls on power lines and starts a fire.
have a few more things to tidy up, soak some towles and place under doors, fill gutters, one final check of roof for leaves etc.

pic of the damaged spindle, I rekon some jb weld and I will be good to go.
:):)

spindle1.jpg

Hows things going over your way ?

Were up at 40 and wind at 30ish, gusting up to 45+, its been getting stronger and stronger as the day progresses, have filled the gutters, wetted down the sides of the house a few times, soaked some areas, will have to have a bit of a talk to wifey for using newspapers under mulch for weed control, with some wind, its now become a problem, cleaned up many fronds from the palm, gust of wind, BANG hits the roof, go outside, take it away, and find a few more whilst out there. As the well is down, thought little and often, rather than go nuts and run it down too far in one hit.

Cool [emoji41] I thought my .223 rounds were only 45 grains. Good shooting anyway mate [emoji1303]

was a good day i got BIL nephews outlaws over so took him shooting yesterday & today as had never ever pulled a trigger so we went to 12g clay pigeon club, his 1st shot popped the clay was very proud today he shot 223 and 308 made it look easy

It sounds like you guys had a good day. I am still getting used to my shotgun. I grew up shooting Dad’s side by side and shot it reasonably well but couldn’t hit the side of a barn with my under & over [emoji2357]

It sounds like you guys had a good day. I am still getting used to my shotgun. I grew up shooting Dad’s side by side and shot it reasonably well but couldn’t hit the side of a barn with my under & over [emoji2357]

im absolute crap at 12g clays my eyes and hands dont seem to move work in tune but i am proud my son who last shot 12g clay 3 years ago smaked them down & the club pro took him aside to quiz his skills

Do any of you guys buy stuff on gumtree? I've spied a few bargains that I'd like to buy and have sent to my sister's place in Sydney. But I don't know if there's a safe way to do so. If I pay via paypal, and the goods never arrive, is there a way to get me $ back?

Failing that, know anyone in Melville, WA ? :)

I buy off gumtree all of the time but usually in my own area and I pick it up myself. I have heard of too many scams and don’t think I could trust people to post items to me if I’ve paid up front. I’d rather organise a pay on delivery type of system if possible.

I buy off gumtree all of the time but usually in my own area and I pick it up myself. I have heard of too many scams and don’t think I could trust people to post items to me if I’ve paid up front. I’d rather organise a pay on delivery type of system if possible.

yeah not bought off gum tree i fished about but not bought... the paypal and payment methods are a concern as so many times i hear about tricky scams like this weekend a funny but sad story,,,

dear wife had offered a local ebay seller and bought a special lift chair for her invalid mum $100 bucks a good price as second hand average price $400- 500. The deal goes slow & weird so we suspected was to good to be true scam but in the end seller was an unfortunate NQR head leg injury accident survivor.
She had bought the chair to help but told us discovered it did not suit her needs,,, however when i tested the functions i think she realized had not understood the chair operation properly,, uhoh so now this awkward moment had she just sold sumthim that prolly shouldn't.. thankfully the boyfriend appeared to help so i mentioned maybe a mistake been made,, he said dont sweat it there was a bit more story to tell than only the chair..

i drove away thinking feeling bad i just stolen a cripples chair...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pride-M...323671?hash=item1ccc290157:g:ag4AAOSwNSdchCW7

That reminds me of a Honda mower that I got off gumtree. I arrived to look at the $120 mower that the lady told me would not start. Hubby said it’s probably stuffed coz the wife has done a lot of work with it, I was ashamed that he made her use the push mower. Anyway I told her that I usually try to negotiate but it was definitely worth the $120 and I felt sorry for her having to use the mower. I couldn’t help myself when I pushed it out to my ute, I pulled it over to see what the issue was. First pull and it did nothing, realised the throttle cable wasn’t operating the choke so I held it on by hand and it fired right up second pull. I was happy with my purchase, kind of gave the middle finger to the douche of a husband [emoji1787] I still use the same mower 4 years on [emoji1305]

Back