the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trams are cool perfect day done no hiccups just checked out the sights like my dads old school cops in riot gear roof top cocktail bars tops of mountains seedy side alleys ridiculous wealth it one big high end shopping mall
interesting park island where we stay had no private cars street vacant apart from bus occasional taxi deliver van

IMG_20191128_144130.jpg

dead set this was 845 peak hour at a bus stop the rest of the city traffic mad taxi driver are nutters well worth the risk for kicks
IMG_20191128_090728.jpg

I was last there back in the early 90s, was amazing to see all the development, and I was watching the new airport island being built, we flew in on the old kai tak between buildings, was looking up at people hanging their washing out whilst looking out the plane window on short finals.

yeah the bamboo and blue, red white plastic "protective" shrouds around the buildings was something else.
There were a few car sized holes in the roadway over passes too, so if your driving, add that to your list of "things" to see.
Some even had barriers of pallets around them, some didnt. :)

enjoy it mate, look forward to hearing more about it when you have time.

Mission accomplished in out China one day got plenty of time at the family village to pay respect to the ansestors.
Ok so the place is deralict abandoned shambles but its my dear dads familys shambles....

Days gone better than could have hoped for..

My son chats with locals notice the drying fish and meat kelver

IMG_20191130_140049.jpg

Dads school building built by grandpa the black board still with chalk written from the last lesson some 30 years ago..

IMG_20191130_135256.jpg

The family name is Lim that the symbol 2 trees beside

IMG_20191130_133458.jpg

G'Day fellas ,been awhile since ive posted ,here's a gum i cut a few days back ,this dry spell is really knocking the trees ,a lot of gums dying ,should have heaps of fire wood [emoji106]
923c18824adec255c9340fe7721f439c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Too hot to be burning here temps in the high thirties to mid forties

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

yeah we been blessed by a very cool run to summer here low 20ies often low teens showers cool winds very nice,,, sure it will change but ATM grateful great working weather i wish could share it around as much of OZ dry brown or on fire

Yeah, its high 30s here today.

I was only out cutting as we had a bit of rain, and it was a dewy morning, other wise, its just plain to dry to cut, even with the recent rain, I take a fire fighter, and shovel/ rake and clearing the area before cutting, and no wind, just too dry now. Wife had a dance with a 3ft brown too, it was de assing the area after I cut out some fallen tree still hung up in another, with a bit on the ground.
Unless we get some good soaking rain, it will be the last of cutting for this summer. The rain the other day only wet the grass, nothing to soak in with only a few mm's dropping.
Were pretty much down 250mm on last year, and that was still around 100 below average for the year.

still been kool my place its warming up a few day this week but no big deal..

i got my chrissy shopping done so stress levels lower dear wife and 2 of her mates will be going for 1 hour joy flight,,a slab of coopers for the lad and $1000 bucks spendy in Japaneses yen for the 2 girls Jap trip early next year

still been kool my place its warming up a few day this week but no big deal..

i got my chrissy shopping done so stress levels lower dear wife and 2 of her mates will be going for 1 hour joy flight,,a slab of coopers for the lad and $1000 bucks spendy in Japaneses yen for the 2 girls Jap trip early next year

Ahh, good to see your supporting SA's best brewery, some thoughtful pressies there, well done.

Have Eldest daughters b day tomorrow, all pressies sorted for that, I think Christmas ones are sorted too, must double check tho.
put up some windscreen sun reflectors on the side wall of the entrance to the back, there is a concrete wall 1m tall that just absorbs heat from the morning sun, and radiates it into the room, was going to demolish that part of the house and it would no longer be a problem, but the next few days require some action, will see how well it works today. very redneck/meth head approach, but if its going to be in the low to mid 40's I dont care.

Ahh 43 yesterday, 44 for today, 45 C forecast for tomorrow and high winds.
Chooks were cooked yesterday, the dopey buggers didnt get out of their roosting box, and by the time we got home late morning, and discoverd them, it was too late to save them, one died shortly after being brought indoors, the other must have suffered a stroke a bit later, and I had to put it down in the afternoon, we did try to cool them, but we got to them too late, quite sad for the girls, Eldest's bday yesterday too.
No fires yet thankfully, thinking of you lot that are facing them nearby and unsure of what the weather and wind will bring, hope you stay safe.

one of my oldest and dearest chicken died yesterday too,,, Neck Tan had blessed our garden for at least 6 years she became ill a short week ago went blind and yesterdays 38 c heat did her in,, she in her fav part of the garden now

game of golf for end of year fun with a few crew today,, i was not playing that well but i did not disgrace the team..

our golf buggy was Gator borrowed from work shop
79882284_2287718394661085_3682794118263603200_o.jpg 79410873_2287718357994422_7381700101963513856_n.jpg

Back