the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lifted a few sticks today,, one popped fast under load & tried to squash me,, but i knew best to be between tree and truck it still got adrenaline flowing as flung me revving 661 outta my hands i actually checked my fingers to see if all intact
thumbnail_IMG_20200207_132114.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20200207_095241.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20200207_140947.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20200207_102004.jpg
this SOB brute tried to squash me,, i had used for fun a to small 20 inch bar and when finishing i plunged in the 661 - 25 inch & it let go fast under 7 tons of load almost jumped onto the truck tray

I like the fact a 20 bar can almost sort a 50 dia log
thumbnail_IMG_20200207_081432.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20200207_081439.jpg

lifted a few sticks today,, one popped fast under load & tried to squash me,, but i knew best to be between tree and truck it still got adrenaline flowing as flung me revving 661 outta my hands i actually checked my fingers to see if all intact
View attachment 795959 View attachment 795960 View attachment 795961 View attachment 795962
this SOB brute tried to squash me,, i had used for fun a to small 20 inch bar and when finishing i plunged in the 661 - 25 inch & it let go fast under 7 tons of load almost jumped onto the truck tray

I like the fact a 20 bar can almost sort a 50 dia log
View attachment 795964 View attachment 795963
waiting for the episode where they grind that stump without hitting the telecom services coming from the pit 10 meters further down the path. :popcorn2:

waiting for the episode where they grind that stump without hitting the telecom services coming from the pit 10 meters further down the path. :popcorn2:

yeah so are we but we rarely hook up telcom or other UG assets i been 21 years here & i stumped for 5 years and can only recall one telecom wire & one home water line both was lifted up by tree root growth.. that said its mostly luck as dial before dig https://www.1100.com.au/ wont give you anything other than UG asset general location so we always sniff about prior to machine start up

Gippsland eh great place,, im only guessing by trees and geography and that its not burnt your someplace hmm ?? strzelecki ranges oh by no need to answer this..

i was in Morwell this week, well Morwell police station not such great place :( local hoodies 3 strip adidas

yeah so are we but we rarely hook up telcom or other UG assets i been 21 years here & i stumped for 5 years and can only recall one telecom wire & one home water line both was lifted up by tree root growth.. that said its mostly luck as dial before dig https://www.1100.com.au/ wont give you anything other than UG asset general location so we always sniff about prior to machine start up

Gippsland eh great place,, im only guessing by trees and geography and that its not burnt your someplace hmm ?? strzelecki ranges oh by no need to answer this..

i was in Morwell this week, well Morwell police station not such great place :( local hoodies 3 strip adidas
Yeah west gippsland, quite nice and infact all the forested area north of the highway is great country, from beenak through to thompson dam especially jindi, neerim, crossover and hillend areas. fortunately this year we have been spared the fires and its really been a damn good summer condition wise for us with only one extreme fire rating day. the amount of green grass around is sort of embarrassing ATM given the plight of east gippsland and into NSW. nice for us to have a year off after copping the bunyip fires ash last year and in the big one in 09. Moe , Morwell and Traralgon like all industrial centers have their fair share of "colorful" areas.

Any of you mates have any contact info for @Stihl working hard (Todd) over Perth way? He went mia on us and he normally posts everyday in the good morning thread. Hope all is well down under. FS.:cheers:

no sorry not hear or seen him in this thread,, i see he is posting in other threads up till last Sunday maybe PM him

Look at those flags.

6mo at 900 dosent seem so crazy, tho first flag on the left is just starting to falter, tho by the looks it was pretty constant the whole way down.

If you were aiming off , you would run out of target to use :)

How cool are black rabbits, I only ever saw 1 wild one when I was hunting a few years back, shot it right in the throat [emoji1305]

My RPR Gen1 308 hand guard keymod had fatigued cracked & could not firm the bipod weaver rail mount. well after 4+years 5000+ rounds things do wear out. Well i fixed the problem.. I took it off and turned it upside down..

Solved 3 issues
1 saved a $pricey change over can be costly hard to import.

2 created more space below scope so i can fit my sun shade with decent clearance.

3 now got super solid weaver rail for my F class bi pod to mount.

Very easy only small file off 2 tiny mount tangs, i cant foresee issue unless its inverts the space time continuum..
smile.gif

thumbnail_IMG_20200301_092843.jpg

My RPR Gen1 308 hand guard keymod had fatigued cracked & could not firm the bipod weaver rail mount. well after 4+years 5000+ rounds things do wear out. Well i fixed the problem.. I took it off and turned it upside down..

Solved 3 issues
1 saved a $pricey change over can be costly hard to import.

2 created more space below scope so i can fit my sun shade with decent clearance.

3 now got super solid weaver rail for my F class bi pod to mount.

Very easy only small file off 2 tiny mount tangs, i cant foresee issue unless its inverts the space time continuum..
smile.gif

View attachment 802587
Very nice and good thinking.

Back