the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tanunda [emoji1360] I came in a couple years after it kicked off. No one from the original crew are really on here any more except derwoodii. AS in general went down hill bad with every man and his dog becoming a saw builder thinking they new more than the guys who had real knowledge who swiftly left. It’s a good read going back to the beginning, it might take awhile to get through it all now

fark! brand new gun safe door bites my finger och that chill before the i wanna spew pain,,, ts nt not that bat i an till ype....

Wait till tomorrow when you try and start a saw :)

seriously tho, hope its feeling better and you get some sleep tonight.
Do you have to drill a nail or was it on a joint, not the nail ? either way, ugghh.

Seems the day for ice packs

Dear daughter was walking a new path across the creek before riding it on the motorbike, all good, path sorted, turns around to walk back, and promptly turns her ankle as she slides down the creek edge and lands heavily in the bottom of the creek.
Evenings bike ride now over, check things over, all ok she wants to just lay still as her ankle hurts, so leave her there for wife to find as youngest daughter rides her bike back to the house to inform wifey, I put bikes away as storm front hits, Eldest daughter gets a piggy back to the house from Mom and I put my bike away.
Out with the ice packs, bit of swelling but will be ok, rekon it will hurt for a few days tho.

Turns out youngest didnt relay all the information to wifey, just that eldest daughter had hurt herself, so she walks over to the creek to find eldest daughter laying down flat where she landed in the bottom of the creek.

oops :)

pic taken the other day.

Lcreek3.jpg

most on here are newbies and probably don’t know me, me and a number of other aussies started this thread years ago. I’m a Stihl dealer in SA and can supply all stihl parts and accessories. I can also get all other brands of chain and bars. So if you need anything yell out
Hey Benne I'm after a ms180 for my birthday in 4 weeks and was wondering what bar and chain combo is best for small firewood cutting. Mostly Messmate , stringy bark, peppermint.

huh hard to explain and i maybe wrong but my new 30cm bar chain set up was really bad bitey I considered it was us operators or the bar but in end looked at the chain.. I had ordered a 3/8 drive chain & it said so on the box but some how i ended with a 404 drive going around a 3/8 sprocket trying to bite our legs off

Hey, hope all you who are Vic situated are doing ok and can avoid the worst of whats going on over there.
Seems the word over here is that security guards were "mingling" with the infected in the hotels, then doing uber and other social activities.

Wonder if they tried to get it and spread it deliberately.
Certainly seems to fit the behavior.
Either way, very selfish behavior has resulted in a very large outbreak, I fear that the whole state will eventually have to go back into serious lock down to control it.

So easily could have happened anywhere else.
And now the idiots in charge think we should be re opening our international borders and allowing more back in, unreal.

Im right where we are on the coast but feeling sorry for the poor folk in the Flemington and Collingwood towers. Life there is hard in the best of times now they must be going crazy.

I see the point, but have a few 180s with 16" 3/8lp chains, and they do a great job for small stuff up to 8". Anything above that they can cut, its just slower than a larger saw can.
They spin fast, so get thru small stuff quick, surprised how long the chain stays sharp on those small ones, must be all the clean wood up high they cut :)

At the end of the day, the weight of them is a welcome relief.

As an all round firewood saw, I rekon the 360 is a hard one to beat, good for small limbs as its not too heavy, good on fuel, yet can deal with larger stuff quite easily.

Again, it all depends on what sized wood your cutting, and is available to you.
Do you just do small stuff up to 12" or is it 14" and above that you only bother with.
or are they 30" + Derwoodii boughs you deal with all day ?

You dont go hacking round a golf course with just a sand wedge do you :)

I see the point, but have a few 180s with 16" 3/8lp chains, and they do a great job for small stuff up to 8". Anything above that they can cut, its just slower than a larger saw can.
They spin fast, so get thru small stuff quick, surprised how long the chain stays sharp on those small ones, must be all the clean wood up high they cut :)

At the end of the day, the weight of them is a welcome relief.

As an all round firewood saw, I rekon the 360 is a hard one to beat, good for small limbs as its not too heavy, good on fuel, yet can deal with larger stuff quite easily.

Again, it all depends on what sized wood your cutting, and is available to you.
Do you just do small stuff up to 12" or is it 14" and above that you only bother with.
or are they 30" + Derwoodii boughs you deal with all day ?

You dont go hacking round a golf course with just a sand wedge do you :)
I have a 381 which I like the chain to be a bit aggressive which makes cutting smaller stuff not fun. Probably would not cut anything above 8in with a baby saw but we say that and before you think about it your cutting something biggeR cause you can't be arsed getting the bigger saw out. I can get a baby Echo cs310 from Bunnings for 251bucks which I'm interested in.

I have a 381 which I like the chain to be a bit aggressive which makes cutting smaller stuff not fun. Probably would not cut anything above 8in with a baby saw but we say that and before you think about it your cutting something biggeR cause you can't be arsed getting the bigger saw out. I can get a baby Echo cs310 from Bunnings for 251bucks which I'm interested in.

$251 for the Echo 310 is a good price. They’re $299 at my local Bunnings [emoji30]

There advertised at the Red Shed in Melbourne for $279 so you show that to Bunnings they have to take 10% off or there filthy liars.

Cool, good tip. I’ve often seen good bargains at Red Shed. I’ve never done the price beat test before.

Ive put many tanks thru the 180s, i am surprised at how they punch above their weight.
I like how their oil and fuel caps are raised, so you dont get bits falling inside when removing, unlike the husky flush caps design.
yeah the chain being small is much smoother on small stuff, and often faster too. The fuel burn on smaller saws is good too.

Not had any experience with the Echos, I guess it comes down to dealer/ shop support and parts availability.
For a while Oleo macs were pushed by one or two stores, people bought them, but then the shops stopped being dealers for Oleo, so now there are lots of saws about the place that nobody wants as its a right pain to get any bits for them, I guess its a factor of several things to decide what to get.
Either way, a small saw is a handy tool to have.

hey Benne do I see the battery MSA 200 appear to come now with meatier low profile picco chain 4mm file and not the original Picco Micro 3 (PM3) 3.2m file

I hopin to change out my MSA 200 bars drive and chain to the lager chain and perhap HTA 85 pole saw as well

hey Benne do I see the battery MSA 200 appear to come now with meatier low profile picco chain 4mm file and not the original Picco Micro 3 (PM3) 3.2m file

I hopin to change out my MSA 200 bars drive and chain to the lager chain and perhap HTA 85 pole saw as well

No, the new MSA 220 comes with 63PS3 the 200 still runs 71PM. 3/8LP sprockets have always been available as an option on the MSA 200, I just got one.

Missus driving home tonight from Geelong said the traffic was crazy heading to the coast as Melbourne goes to lockdown tonight. A lot of locals aren't happy but its hard to blame them if they have a house down here.

Missus driving home tonight from Geelong said the traffic was crazy heading to the coast as Melbourne goes to lockdown tonight. A lot of locals aren't happy but its hard to blame them if they have a house down here.

is it tonite? i thought was tomorrow 1159 8th july but yeah be heaps of people jumping Melbourne metro ship & the footy teams & players going AWOL dont give john citizen a good sense of stay together leadership

great 6 more weeks of swmbo list of chores with no sailing shooting fishin sking

106626826_4696237980402167_6122735097397943427_n.jpg

Back