the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone running Makita stuff, such as the DCS 460 or similar? I think they have a Zama not a Walbro, and mine will start but dies when I punch the trigger. Drives me to drink!
Does it completely die off and stall, or just bog a bit, and goosing the throttle will slowly bring it up to full rpm ?

Either way, if it dies off completely, or bogs, most likely a bit of blockage in the H side of the carb, also including the fuel delivery nozzle check valve sticking.
Can be caused by occasional use, long time between running, fuel dries off, and what is left, oil, and or fuel resin can either block, or stick the poppet valve/ disc in the fuel delivery nozzle.
Some gentle application of carb cleaner, and very gentle air thru the circuit may help a basic block, but take carb off, and apart, and give it a good clean, check for correct operation of the fuel delivery nozzle by checking that it allows you to blow thru it, but not pull vacum, just get some tygon, or vac hose and put it on the main jet side, under the fuel metering diaphragm and check from there. You should feel a positive flow and then stop when you change from pressure to vac, stick hose in your mouth and blow/suck, thats enough to check the valve operation.

let us know how you go.
These might help too.

Attachments

• WalbroServiceManual.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Zama Tech Guide.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Can't thank you enough for your reply.
Unlike my 660 and the Shindaiwa I own, (used to have a Jonsered, but someone saw fit to pilfer that one), I can't seem to find much info on the Makita saws. I keep hearing that they're basically Dolmars, but that doesn't help much if I still can't track down all the technical data.
I'll obviously implement all your advice and if you're interested, I'll let ya know how it all goes.
Cheers fella.

Dosent really matter what make,/ model, its just a piston and cylinder, you need comp, spark and correct air fuel mixture to run.
sounds like fuel delivery, so get into it and let us know what you find.
Take it easy, keep it clean it well before taking apart, hit with air, so you dont get fines into the intake boot etc.
post up pics, only stupid question is the one you dont ask.

Hopefully its just a carb clean, or needing a new kit in it and your good to go.

G'day fellas been following for a while but never posted on this chat. Spent the last week cleaning up after crazy storm that hit us. I'm in yarra valley area and had no power for a couple of days. But nothing to complain about compared to the poor buggers in the Dandenong Ranges that will be without power for another 3 weeksIMG-20210614-WA0050.jpgScreenshot_20210614-183523_Gallery.jpg20210614_172510.jpgIMG-20210614-WA0052.jpg20210614_161344.jpg20210614_102404.jpg20210614_172628.jpg

I hope you didn’t have any property damaged in the storms mate. There’s a lot of firewood to process there, that bar on the Stihl saw in your second pic is impressive. That’s gotta be 5 foot or so is it? [emoji15]

I hope you didn’t have any property damaged in the storms mate. There’s a lot of firewood to process there, that bar on the Stihl saw in your second pic is impressive. That’s gotta be 5 foot or so is it? [emoji15]
Thankfully no damage on our place. But first job was to cut a path so my neighbour could get in and out. IMG-20210610-WA0007.jpg20210610_083849.jpg
That bar was a 48" bar on a 088 Stihl.

Amazing pics, reminds me of traveling the high country, lots of large timber over the tracks.

Good to see your all out helping each other, I bet there isnt a log heater available in any show room in all vic now, with people trying to warm their homes with no power.

Im sure you all know what your doing, but surely you have some ppe somewhere, especially for the younger lads gaining experience if nothing else.

was just reading this thread at the same time.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/wear-those-chaps-people.352539/
Stay safe, once they are down, they are still dangerous as I am sure your well and truly aware.
Great to see you all out on the saws doing stuff together tho, good stuff indeed.

Amazing pics, reminds me of traveling the high country, lots of large timber over the tracks.

Good to see your all out helping each other, I bet there isnt a log heater available in any show room in all vic now, with people trying to warm their homes with no power.

Im sure you all know what your doing, but surely you have some ppe somewhere, especially for the younger lads gaining experience if nothing else.

was just reading this thread at the same time.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/wear-those-chaps-people.352539/
Stay safe, once they are down, they are still dangerous as I am sure your well and truly aware.
Great to see you all out on the saws doing stuff together tho, good stuff indeed.

i loaned a old saw of mine to bloke with fallen log in his yard on the condition he wore the chaps i loaned him too.. im hoping he unscathed by end of today and my saws not completely flogged but it sorta already flogged so no biggy

Was shooting nice on Saturday 600 yards but the score computta server fizzed buggering up me happy day as 2 good rounds scores were munted

600wtf2.PNG

Anyone used All Mower Spares for parts? Ordered parts some time ago and no communication or sign of my order. Went on to their facebook page and see that a heap of other people are in the same boat. They don't have a phone line and are just ignoring emails.

Anyone used All Mower Spares for parts? Ordered parts some time ago and no communication or sign of my order. Went on to their facebook page and see that a heap of other people are in the same boat. They don't have a phone line and are just ignoring emails.
Yes a few times, this is a typical response.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email, I have had a look into this for you and I can see we have had some issue with freight and way parts have arrived to us.

Unfortunately, your part was supplied incorrectly sand I have had to reorder this for you.

This item is in stock with our supplier and we should see this is roughly one week. I apologise for these delays and we thank you for your patience and understanding on this order.

Kind regards

It seems to me they sell stuff that they haven't got in stock, i.e. everything is ordered in from elsewhere.

Send them an email mentioning Fair Trading and see if that moves them.

Yes a few times, this is a typical response.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email, I have had a look into this for you and I can see we have had some issue with freight and way parts have arrived to us.

Unfortunately, your part was supplied incorrectly sand I have had to reorder this for you.

This item is in stock with our supplier and we should see this is roughly one week. I apologise for these delays and we thank you for your patience and understanding on this order.

Kind regards

It seems to me they sell stuff that they haven't got in stock, i.e. everything is ordered in from elsewhere.

Send them an email mentioning Fair Trading and see if that moves them.
Cheers mate i'll see what I can do.
I emailed today asking for either a tracking number or a full refund.
Tom.

when i was 15 -16 my 1st bike was a TL 125 trails which id gently punt about the beach tracks and laneways of my patch.
Today some 45 years later i got another TL 125 and great timing we got gifted by NSW plague rats another 5 day lockdown ffs,, anyhoo so plenty of time to strip and rebuild get her out in the paddock lumps and bumps

thumbnail_IMG_20210715_163502.jpg

Back