the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't grow up dragging my old man's boat anchors through old growth for him before he gave me my shot at driving his wedges and progressing to felling my own trees. Sadly. I don't have forearms like popeye, or Neil.Technique is getting better but will never be great. Fact is, I'm getting older and weaker and it's a point that is rammed home whenever I'm on steep terrain felling largish (for around here) trees. A few trees with a solid 42" bar on such terrain and I'm needing a break. A few days of that and I'm ready to go buck firewood or sit on the tractor for a day or two.

Just last week I was on steep ground clambering through 20 years of private rubbish dump trying to fell small trees leaning over a state highway. So, not even big trees but it knocked me around. My mate, who only lasted half a day admitted he need a voltarin. I'm not that bad but it's only a matter of time.

The only thing I like about getting older is I'm less prone to trying to carry on when tired, because I know that's when I do stoopid things and bad **** happens. So if a reduced weight bar helps me get more trees over while staying safe, I'm going to keep finding one no matter how farking ridiculous those who know better think it is.

I could piss $200 up against a wall on a good night out but would rather spend it on a quality bar. If nobody else wants to do likewise, to each their own.
Whats the average range in diameter trees are you falling?

Looks more like possum ****

Big flucking rats here mate, possums SHlT everywhere too but bigger turds. Bush rats are a kunt eat threw everything, if electric wiring ain't in heavy condu pipe it's likely chewed threw into the copper, they love cars and tractors, heat sources they love, open up the bonnet after a month and get knocked out from rat pisss stench

Tower of power, mechanical secondary, only things ever needed on a carb, fuel line and advance, block up duck off all the other manifold Shlt

IMAG0440.jpg

Common problem around here too, one of the local mechanics ties rat baits around the engine bay with zip ties which seems to help.

Gotta be careful here, we have dogs , and the bastards seem to like dieing in the walls if we bait, 2 week death stench

My German shepherds caught and killed a few

Make a friend with a magpie and you have a friend for life...Will make a hell of a mess in your house though if you let em in.
We call building inspectors here magpies, because they come on site and only seem interested in the shiny bits, and they can cause all sorts of havoc if they feel like it.

Latest posts

Back