the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, Happy Australia Day all, Love this wonderful country.

almost walked into our resident roo by the side of the house, not sure who jumped more.
Gave him a bucket of water to drink, and he wandered off into the mulberry tree out of the sun.

kangaroo4.jpg

in the good books,,, for well least now, honey do list is one item shorter

a ever so slightly leaking dunny is all fixed lifted cistern mech and replaced the seating washer.. sure not hard but to my amazement the spare washer i bought in 2001 yup 20 years ago was in shed same place i left it and i knew this!...

thumbnail_IMG_20210130_091000_1.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210130_085751_1.jpg
this never happens you know you got that widget but ffs dont know where you put it

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice. I’ve been considering buying a new Ms500i from a local dealer but I’m not sure if they’re doing their best to offer me a good price. I’ve been offered a new 500i with a 20” bar & chain with 1 spare chain for $1950. I’ve seen the 25” setup advertised for $2250. I’d appreciate your thoughts [emoji1303]

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice. I’ve been considering buying a new Ms500i from a local dealer but I’m not sure if they’re doing their best to offer me a good price. I’ve been offered a new 500i with a 20” bar & chain with 1 spare chain for $1950. I’ve seen the 25” setup advertised for $2250. I’d appreciate your thoughts [emoji1303]

that about market a few bucks either side & occasional a bargain pops up 25 inch bar for 20 inch price and spare 20 inch chain about $60 to $80 i reckon get the 20inch enjoy then save for a 25 bar chain later ..

the 500 great you wont worry too much about dollars once you used one

My quest is at end,, past year i been scrounging about for good second hand / new Bf goodrich tyres for my cruiser. Today i fitted $1400+ bucks worth for $700 new or near new can be found half price is your time is not important.

My last BFG rubber lasted 10 plus years and i got them on for a bargain $400 fitted
thumbnail_IMG_20210205_194055_1.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210205_194329_2.jpg

took 8 month old kelpie pup to my club to see how responded to gun fire ,, took it slow 1st sitting in car way off then moved up to 20 yards behind she behaved just fine no flinch a waggy tail even with 30-06 & by end day was bored sleeping beside me as we plinked in 22 range..

whos a good girl..

thumbnail_IMG_20210227_093132_1.jpg

dam renovation or billabong build underway, pondering this a few years direct surface water to a natural low patch make it a landscape pond. The deity's smiled providing me a goodly neighbor with bobcat and excavator ideal weather and project timing.

i had hoped to use paddock clay to rebuild a leaking dam wall but alas found the depression dig area was old homestead dump pit with charcoal, tractor wheels and glassware and all the good clay was dug over dispersed

thumbnail_IMG_20210304_154512_3.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210304_142858_3.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210304_142909_4.jpg

last nite i got super lucky rode my ride on mower right over a wasp nest in paddock dam bank a few times till it dawned on me,,,, uh oh but phew not a bite they seem to not zero in on me dozens flying all about over my head one caught in my hair.

So i been out in Bee suit trying to locate and bomb nest hole but its got closed over by mower weight & buried under thick cut grass.. Wasps are hanging around but i cant zero in on hole to dust. I tried probe digging raking then flame to clear but it might need to wait till they dig themselves out & allow me to find destroy

Put out some raw chicken mince, with 0.05% fripronil mix in it so stock /cats/ foxs etc cant get it and go have a beer.
Not only will it kill the nest, but any others about will also be sorted, and then next year when the queen goes out and sees an old abandoned nest, and sets up in it, the nest will sort out that years tennants as well, and the next years too.

see
https://www.wineaustralia.com/getmedia/1250dcca-ceb1-4e65-b5f9-b9ece140046f/RT-00-3

How did the dam remodel go, were out of groundwater here, and brought in near 15000lts last week to top up tanks, should have enough till june now, just praying for rain, some good soaking stuff, not the light fluffy barely wet the ground stuff that we have been getting for the last year.

I finally found the wasp nest after raking burning probing till found cavity i opened it up and out they came,,, bbzzzzzzz very unhappy with me.. dear swmbo bee suit gift paid off big time as they chased me across the paddock. i returned and gave then a dose of dust from what i can tell nest is done for now.

The billabong dam filled today with less than 20mm rain, i been knee deep adjusting the over flow outlet height and had realized levels a bit wonky so need to lower the shallow end & tweak the over flow wall a tad
oh the old wind mill gear wheel is a bit of arty steam punk it may stay it may move the landscape rocks logs and other trimming i got to do once i sorted settled the depth and size
thumbnail_IMG_20210313_165352_3.jpg

refreshed my RO range officer card today with 20 others just talk review test of rules regs obligations.. one interesting said fact is OZ ranges have less restrictive design rules than other country's US / Canada as we have tighter on mound rules.
This allows smaller side and rear range no go areas. eg typically a US 600 yard range needs 500 yards clear no go yards both sides & 1.5 or more miles clear behind target.. In OZ shoot paper targets mounted high off ground less ricochet & guns empty on mound and only loaded when leveled to fire..

At my range the side no go zone is like only 50 yards deep the club house and car park is just off the fence you can stand by fence at 200 yards as 308 flys down range past less 15 metres from you

Back