The Australian Mobilco Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mc Bob, I have some pics of an MOBILCO Echo CS-60S i can post, but Yahoo is screwed up at the moment and i can't open my pics...Bob

1947 mobilco

Hi,
I have found a mobilco saw dated 1947 it has a turning bar. I have been told that it was made before the diaphram so it could not be tipped over. I was also told not to accept less than 500 for it's a collectors item. Can anyone help me with any info about this saw its in good condition.

Hi,
I have found a mobilco saw dated 1947 it has a turning bar. I have been told that it was made before the diaphram so it could not be tipped over. I was also told not to accept less than 500 for it's a collectors item. Can anyone help me with any info about this saw its in good condition.

Could be that it's a BE-BO as Mobilco imported these out here and stuck their stickers or metal tags on them as regards the $ 500-00 well i wouldn't count on it.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/mobilco.html

Have you a pic of the saw ??

Mc Bob.

Tell the guy that said don't take less than 500 that you will sell to him for 400 and he can make 100. When it comes down to it he probably won't even give you 100. Those "friends" that tell you what something is worth should be required to make two appraisals. One what they think it is worth, and one for what they will pay. Then you will see how sincere their estimates are. Mike

Hi all mobilco/bebo/

Hi,
thanks for the info about the saw don't have pic yet will try think I might take the 150 I was offered what's a bebo all I know is the saw I have was supposedly very dangerous and used throw climbers out of trees don't know if thats true but is it the blade that turns that makes it a bebo

Be-bo Chainsaw?

This pic in an old family album of mine - anyone know what it is? I know nothing about chainsaws and just found this forum doing a google search as I was interested in knowing more about it... any info appreciated.

Be-BoOneManChainSaw.jpg

Mobilco saws

Gidday McBob , my BIL and I at the moment have 5 of these saws 4 Mobilco 1 BeBo (in bits but waiting to be re-assembled etc) With the Mobilco's I have been trying to get them running but run in to one major stumbling block , metering diaphragms and there availability I haven't been able to source them ,I have got one of these saws to run by squirting mix down the throat of the carb but cant get it to keep running ( the diaphragms are as hard as) wont draw fuel! Any Idea where I can source these ?
I will be going to BIL'S in the next day or two and will post some photos of them .
Peter

McBob I went to Bil's place and took a few photos of the 3 Mobilco saws that he has heres the first one complete with a spider carapace that I didn't even see.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Peter.

Mc Bob whilst looking through BIL's saws I found that he has an Australian made/sold Danarm DV-700 looks very similar to the Mobilco with a few minor differences

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back