The big Pioneer 800 - why so rare?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought and thought I had seen were all the JA, JB, And JC were one piece top cover. Guess I learned
something. I have one of them but top cover is missing. Can't remember which I have other than the 2 800's i
have. Very interesting saws.

These saws sure are tanks. They will give a Mac 73 a run for its money in the weight department. I see JJs has the typical busted wrap handle. Those were way too flimsy from go.

Chris B.

I'm guessing your top cover was changed sometime in it's life. All the JA, JB, JC saws I have seen
have the one piece top cover. The Pioneer 800 is the only model that had the 2 piece. Yours is
clearly a model JA with it being stamped in the case.
I stand to be corrected on this statement. I have acquired 2 model JC's this year and both
have the 2 piece cover like the Pioneer 800's. The JA and JB i believe are the 1 piece cover.

Here is one JC and a 090G i picked up this summer, This JC is a very low hour saw. Hardly used in remarkable condition.
The 090G is a low hour saw as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 12
I stand to be corrected on this statement. I have acquired 2 model JC's this year and both
have the 2 piece cover like the Pioneer 800's. The JA and JB i believe are the 1 piece cover.
Correct Lee, the JA and JB saws have the one piece cover, whereas the JC and 800 share the two piece config.
Chris

Back