The Chitty Avatar MS661 Donate To Win

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Surgeon is back! Nice work there Randy, I was going to ask if U were going to remove that muff baffle, but no need now.

Hey, that looks like an all metal flywheel. Isn't that unusual in this day & age?

When does the raffle start, and how do we do it, and R U also doing one for a Hybrid??? I'm all confused.

Hey, don't burn out now after that nice vacation. U been burning some midnight oil tonight!

Well, we've got the time stamps to prove it now - from in a box to done in 53minutes. :p

Thanks as always, never fail to learn something new in these threads. This time I will have a chance to show my appreciation via the raffle, for both your willingness to share and to give.

Really nice job for great cause, i hope you will get nice price for saw and help Phil's family, really great and nice from you

Thank you Mrs Evans for the clear detailed pictures enabling us for a few moments to come indide the monkey enclosure and take a good look around. l really like the saw and although it has spring av (finally!), strato, HD2, and Mtronic it stihl reminds me of my 660(M/M ported of coarse) in so many little ways. Stihl have done exactly what this model so desperately needed and whoever is so fortunate to end up with this 661 creature is really going to have the latest and greatest in a modern 2-stroke saw. The pics in this thread really shows the passion/pride Randy has with his work.

hmmm.........they went back to an aluminum flywheel...........it dosen't look like the piston goes in the case at all.........muffler looks less restrictive..........
i don't see much to the m tronic thingy..........where is it and how does it adjust the carb? tiny solonoids?

I think a video of this thing would be about the coolest thing that could happen for the rest of the year.

At this point it is unfueled. The other folks that are involved will need to let me know if they wanna put fuel in it......

Nice foredom work.
If work gets slow there is always backyard dentistry!

Come on over......I need some practice. :)

Do you have to do anything to the Mtronic or is it a trade secret, just curious.

Dave

On those saws I never do anything aside from a reset if they are a used unit. On a new saw like this.....I do nothing.

On the M-T and A-T saws I'm careful not to upset the strato/intake balance, I think that helps keep the finished product more usable. (Idle, spool up, etc)

The Surgeon is back! Nice work there Randy, I was going to ask if U were going to remove that muff baffle, but no need now.

Hey, that looks like an all metal flywheel. Isn't that unusual in this day & age?

When does the raffle start, and how do we do it, and R U also doing one for a Hybrid??? I'm all confused.

Hey, don't burn out now after that nice vacation. U been burning some midnight oil tonight!

I'm not involved in any of the raffle/donation activities. I'm too busy to give that part the attention it deserves.

I appreciate craftsmanship in any form. Thanks for sharing! Question: why do you remove the ignition? And what are you using to reset it--looks like just card stock?

I remove the coil so I don't feel the pull of the magnets when I spin the engine. I want it to be free so I can feel any tight spots I might have created from the machine work.

Yep.....I space it with a business card. It ain't rocket surgery. :laugh:

Well, we've got the time stamps to prove it now - from in a box to done in 53minutes. :p

Thanks as always, never fail to learn something new in these threads. This time I will have a chance to show my appreciation via the raffle, for both your willingness to share and to give.

I wish I could do a saw that quick.

Thank you so much Randy!!
This means so much to everybody up here......a thank you just isn't enough.
I don't know what to say.
I know Phil has a **** eatin grin on his face watchin over your shoulder!!

Y'all just let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

hmmm.........they went back to an aluminum flywheel...........it dosen't look like the piston goes in the case at all.........muffler looks less restrictive..........
i don't see much to the m tronic thingy..........where is it and how does it adjust the carb? tiny solonoids?

I'm not sure how it all works Mike......I really ain't that smart. I do know that it works pretty damn well though. :clap:

MUKTAR!!!

I agree.

I reckon.

Back