The Connecticut Woodbooga

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom presents The Connecticut Woodbooga:

Not the best video, but gives you an idea.

The feller-buncher runs a day ahead of the chipper.

Even when it's just the state crews working with chainsaws whether on the Interstate or smaller highways they usually do the same -- fell and clean up the brush one day, come back for whatever of the trunks that remain the next.

State Police don't seem to bother them, though I haven't seen folks working over the guard rail before -- usually folks get off the pavement as much as they can.

Been driving by every day after work...with my recently re-registered pickup sitting at home since I need to replace the dry-rotted tires before I try hauling a load of green wood with it :(

I can not tell exactly where that is in the eastern part of the state, but on the way to Mohegan Sun a few weeks ago, it was very similar site with the road side reduction process in full swing.

So who would want to be sitting on the side of the highway, cars, tractor trailers flying by, probably distracted already and to try and score some free firewood, not for me

Ct always seems to have a lot of wood down on the highways. On the woodbooga, I think the original is in Nh.

I stay off the highways. Will go backroad doorknocken or pop in at the pallet shop when they got the free wood shingle out. Mostly I just cut dead and down on a wildlife mgt lot I lucked into a bunch of years back. Them in the vid parked along the guard are some brave scroungers. Long on balls short on brains. A zombie would need three of them to rival a small snack. Somewhere, though, Darwin's smiling.

A few weeks ago we had 6 UPS drivers, two from my building, run over sitting on the side of the rd in NC. Folks that saw the accident said the tractor trailer just started drifting across lanes and ran over them on the shoulder. He kept going for another half to one mile before he had to pull over with flat tires from running over the bikes. Police think he fell asleep. Driver tested negative to drugs and alcohol. Looks like he didn't even know he hit anyone. Two dead, one from my building. They were on vacation, going to a motor cycle rally in Atlanta, Joe.

A few weeks ago we had 6 UPS drivers, two from my building, run over sitting on the side of the rd in NC. Folks that saw the accident said the tractor trailer just started drifting across lanes and ran over them on the shoulder. He kept going for another half to one mile before he had to pull over with flat tires from running over the bikes. Police think he fell asleep. Driver tested negative to drugs and alcohol. Looks like he didn't even know he hit anyone. Two dead, one from my building. They were on vacation, going to a motor cycle rally in Atlanta, Joe.
DAMN!!!

Back