The Danger of Climbing With Unsheathed Blades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda shocked Jamesson didn't make multi head quick change couplings twenty years ago!

I'll be danged if I ain't a gonna put up a fight against them smarty pants Germans!

I do admire their slim six foot pole handles though! Very lightweight n strong, push n click heaven!

The next on my list's an attachable 90 degree offset head pole pruner!

These things can be done, we have the technology.

My straight Marvin pole pruner's way over twenty years old, and wrapped with electric tape, relatively safe to operate.

I hate polesaws n pruner's though, gives yu a kink in the neck every time. Teaches yu how to duck dodge n hide from your own cuts, like a groundie, best wear a hardhat!

Jomoco

A new blade combined a bit of extra weight from the adapter/handle, gives it just enough heft to be truly dangerous!

But I like it, gives it that old corona indestructible handsaw feel, with helluvalot better cutting speed.

I'm overly fond of brushing limbs down with a handsaw, and doin the wood with a chainsaw.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jomoco

How many of you blokes have a scabbard magnet that keeps that dreadfully sharp new blade where it belongs, even when upside down?

Not exactly a tie down, but close.

image.jpeg

Jomoco

Very slim n sleek finished scabbard n blade setup.

My best boot scabbard design yet. Anchored between two magnets hard enough to require a serious tug to unsheath the blade.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jomoco

Weighing in with scabbard at just over two pounds, and length of exactly two feet, the light heavy weight contender!

image.jpeg

Jomoco

I have the large and small samari it comes with scabby with a plastic clip lock one broke :( the other is affixed to my saddles nut buster strap and the thing dangles between my legs lol. I really don't like it there but have not yet figured out where i do want it. I sure want it scabby there though hate to wack off my root :)

Riddle me why a removal expert, dealing with huge and often dead conifer's, would want an aluminum baseball bat on his saddle too?

To beat old trunk stubs off with on the way up!

Saves gas and alotta back and forth with a handsaw!

Jomoco

I've even heard tall tales of old school climbers balling and slicking Date Palms, with a tequila plant harvesting tool, called a Coa De Lima, Kinduva wickedly sharp linear ax!

I believe it's doable!

Jomoco

Nothin shouts greenhorn like not havin a scrench when n where yu need it.

Groundies, who needs em?

View attachment 633256

Jomoco
Lol you been doing solo stuff Jomoco ? It is pure bliss giving myself a command, the follow through is amazing as I know the bozz expects more than my body has but he has my interests in mind :)

I really like my samurai's seem to hold edge forever not too bad on the pocket either. I made my own pickaroon the other day out of a scraped pitch fork handle and a 5/8 rebar embedded into the hole I drilled. I found it a great tool for picking stuff up fast like firewood and aluminum cans and trash sorta made cleaning up the area fun . Rain is expected next several days I might think of where I want my scabbard affixed. I might like mine on my side does your get in your way while spurring on removals? I like having it on a removal especially on limb walks to clear the chaff in the way!

I think he's just ashamed to admit that he has a pet rock.

I love my pet rock!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Leashed of course.

That's a chunk of Lapsis Lazooly from Afghanistan!

Used to be the only source of blue paint for artists way back when!

Certainly hard enough to crack a few skulls with to date!

Jomoco

How many of you blokes have a scabbard magnet that keeps that dreadfully sharp new blade where it belongs, even when upside down?

Not exactly a tie down, but close.

View attachment 632721

Jomoco

I just use two silky tsurugi hand saws, one medium teeth and one big teeth, blade clicks into handle and stays put, narrow blade for fine pruning, fast through bigger stuff, rather use a top handle tho

Back