The Darwin Chainsaw Award Winner Is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m no professional, but Dayum, he started with the back cut, way too deep with the upper cut of the face cut, never got to the lower cut of the face cut. Pure Luck that he didn’t kill himself or anyone else

Doug
I am a pro and yeah....you're right. What an idiot.

Edit....I just did a bid for a great customer who we do a lot of timber work for. As we were walking it out, she had a few trees she wanted to drop herself and dispose of. I was like "You're paying me by the hour to do what you want and it will take me about 20 seconds per tree to put these trees down. At least let me take the bounce out of them and you can cut them up yourself if you want to once they are down. She is nearly 60 and wants to drop her own trees so we argue about it a little bit sometimes.

Even old ladies should be allowed to experience the rush of cutting a deserving tree down. In similar circumstances I have pretended to be pleased they want a go themselves and just ask them to let me watch to keep an eye out for those sneaky problems that only someone with lots of experience can see. All but once people have been happy to have me watch over them.

Latest posts

Back