The day my life changed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had always heard about these saws but never had the chance to get my hands on one.

The legend surrounding them was undeniable. Holy Grail.

When I saw it in person, I thought I may be dreaming. I was scared to even fire it up. Had that presence about it just sitting there.

Picked it up, good weight to it, man saw. Pulled on it, the compression was unreal, Thor would grunt trying to get one of these to spin up. A few pulls and she fires to life, oh that rumble. A few piss revs, yeah she means business.

Wind her up and drop it in some wood, drags me up to the log and keeps pulling, dog in and it keeps pulling. The entire forest was leaning in on this event and shaking, just knowing it was only a matter of time before they were next.

What size is that blade? 20 inch. Of course. The famous size, do they even make a different blade for this beast? Doubt it.

If I told you it took five minutes to lay that big Oak out, limbed and bucked. I'd be lying. Five minutes would have gave me time to lay that oak out and read the entirety of Moby ****. It was quick.

Shut her down with a big grin on my face knowing my life would never be the same.

That was the day I first ran an Ms290.

Hahahah somehow while reading this I was thinking it was going to be some kind of farm boss joke...but I mean of course they’re no joke...

Farm BOSS. It's not a farm assistant.

You ought to know that one cannot say Moby Dyck without a little trouble....

Hate speech.....

It's obvious how much I curse, had no clue that would get censored.

I had always heard about these saws but never had the chance to get my hands on one.

The legend surrounding them was undeniable. Holy Grail.

When I saw it in person, I thought I may be dreaming. I was scared to even fire it up. Had that presence about it just sitting there.

Picked it up, good weight to it, man saw. Pulled on it, the compression was unreal, Thor would grunt trying to get one of these to spin up. A few pulls and she fires to life, oh that rumble. A few piss revs, yeah she means business.

Wind her up and drop it in some wood, drags me up to the log and keeps pulling, dog in and it keeps pulling. The entire forest was leaning in on this event and shaking, just knowing it was only a matter of time before they were next.

What size is that blade? 20 inch. Of course. The famous size, do they even make a different blade for this beast? Doubt it.

If I told you it took five minutes to lay that big Oak out, limbed and bucked. I'd be lying. Five minutes would have gave me time to lay that oak out and read the entirety of Moby ****. It was quick.

Shut her down with a big grin on my face knowing my life would never be the same.

That was the day I first ran an Ms290.

The original 290 is sold. Guy got a good deal on that saw.

Now I've got a 290 with a generic 390 top end. And that saw runs way better than it should.

It's on it's second tank so it may get even better. Regardless, it'll be sold soon as well.

Latest posts

Back