The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you scoll back 2-3 years in this thread... I may have posted about hiring my brother for the day, and him managing to break the seat, and door on my excavator... (4 hours... and he broke that much stuff... screwed a clients driveway up too)
well... I've finally had enough and fixed the seat, spent enough time lurching around in it today digging stumps that stopped and yarded it out and took it home to weld it back to more or less upright and straight...

So I go to install the damned thing this morning, and the bolts don't line up... turns out the bottom frame work is roached too... had to "persuade" it to fit again...
Guess I'll have to break down and buy a new seat soon, which feels wrong... old janky machine with a shiny new seat... gross

You’d be amazed at some of the things you can find at a Ritchie Brothers auction.

It’s too damn hot… Already. IMG_5310.jpeg

rebuilt 3 cylinders on the essavator, changed hydro fluid, filters dumped in 20 gallons of fresh fluid...
took er to the job, where I almost immediately blew a travel motor hose, and dumped most of that 20 gals of brand new $10 per gal fluid on the ground...
Were talking, I fueled, greased, was still in low power so it could warm up, hadn't even cut a single tree, so I just spent the better part of my monday digging out the hose, removing panels and rolling around in dust and oil...

Still better then working in a factory

NM, t feel your pain and agree doing something you love though hard and with many setbacks beats doing something you don’t like though steady and predictable.

Changing gears - I get jealous of PNW inhabitants about this time every year as I spend $$ on those delicious sweet cherries. Would love to have a couple trees in my backyard though birds would probably eat all the cherries.

Ron

NM, t feel your pain and agree doing something you love though hard and with many setbacks beats doing something you don’t like though steady and predictable.

Changing gears - I get jealous of PNW inhabitants about this time every year as I spend $$ on those delicious sweet cherries. Would love to have a couple trees in my backyard though birds would probably eat all the cherries.

Ron
birds don't seem to bother them much, problem is they really only grow well around Wenatchee, along with the apples we're supposed to be famous for, so even for 90% of the residents here, its still a drive to get them

So much for my image of downing fresh cherries while cutting tall timber.

So far I like the ones from Washington State better than California or Oregon cherries. I just bought some from Canada. I will have to do a taste test. This season, cherries are the cheapest I have ever seen $1.99/lb. Usually $5.99 to $7.99.
Ron

So much for my image of downing fresh cherries while cutting tall timber.

So far I like the ones from Washington State better than California or Oregon cherries. I just bought some from Canada. I will have to do a taste test. This season, cherries are the cheapest I have ever seen $1.99/lb. Usually $5.99 to $7.99.
Ron
we get some wild cherries on this side... but they are kinda smol and a sour (as I've said many times before, we get all sorts of hardwoods out here, they just ain't a big deal, its not all Fir and Cedar)
If you find taters grown in Skagit County out there.... buy them all, Ida HOE, and CA taters taste like fertilizer, they don't need much if any in skagit county

Back