The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vacation on the coast Coos Bay to Spinreel
72df38302d5e02d67d2451690a750e07.jpg
316178d6ce9eaeac80e982b930fff4ae.jpg
76ae11a832a2f94c19d1155cf4624572.jpg
ff4ed7dfa3da0548f21e7ad48409c26d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

When ya go look at a job, and dude is dressed a certain way and has a certain haircut... then mentions that your logo is what caught their eye... and yer logo happens to be red and black and happens to share a certain font with a certain ********** ellement, that might happen to have stollen all your traditions and distorted them for their own veiws (or completely made up new definitions).

Not real sure i want that particullar job anyway

Saw dust on the skid trail for the first time this year today. And Goddamnitcocksuckermother****ersonofbitchinbastard if it ain't downpourin right now

Saw dust on the skid trail for the first time this year today. And Goddamnitcocksuckermother****ersonofbitchinbastard if it ain't downpourin right now

Though you were going to get some swamp tires?

We've had rain rain and more rain. And the roughest ground here. Either swamp or bluff. Tough going

Though you were going to get some swamp tires?

We've had rain rain and more rain. And the roughest ground here. Either swamp or bluff. Tough going
It was a very serious thought. Either that or running duels. The cons I really considered were how wide of skid trails I would need, landings, etc. I also move around a lot. This summer I've had a bunch of 5 truckloads here, 10 there in little wood lots. All of them within a mile or two so I run the skidder down the road. But putting something 12' wide on a low boy might get interesting especially if I'm trailering every few weeks to a month. Ideally I'd like to have a second machine set up with swampers. That's not in the finances right now. In these little 10-20 acre woods spots would get pretty tight for that wide too. Idk. Definitely something I want to try though.

Yeah even the high ground has been swamp here. It's ridiculous.

It was a very serious thought. Either that or running duels. The cons I really considered were how wide of skid trails I would need, landings, etc. I also move around a lot. This summer I've had a bunch of 5 truckloads here, 10 there in little wood lots. All of them within a mile or two so I run the skidder down the road. But putting something 12' wide on a low boy might get interesting especially if I'm trailering every few weeks to a month. Ideally I'd like to have a second machine set up with swampers. That's not in the finances right now. In these little 10-20 acre woods spots would get pretty tight for that wide too. Idk. Definitely something I want to try though.

Yeah even the high ground has been swamp here. It's ridiculous.
What about doing the tracks?

What about doing the tracks?

Will that do much for floating on 23.1 x 26s? I've got a single bunk remember. I hear they take about 15 minutes to throw on which would be awesome but the price is pretty high. At least from what I've seen.

Will that do much for floating on 23.1 x 26s? I've got a single bunk remember. I hear they take about 15 minutes to throw on which would be awesome but the price is pretty high. At least from what I've seen.
It'd depend on the pattern, the width, and weight. I hear you on the price they are nuts but they do help especially with climbing. To put them on in 15 minutes has never been my experience before but running that 1210 you get the joy of doing the back and forth shuffle to tighten them up.

You'd be better off putting on bigger tires. Wheel tracks = rough ride. Good traction but not much in the way of flotation. Chains are a whole bunch cheaper if all you need is traction .

We switched our single bunk 1010 from 600's to 700's (roughly 23.1 to 28L). It did help some and the width isn't obscene.

Today we put on one brand new set of eco tracks on our Buffalo and moved the old tracks to the front axle. One set of tracks and one set of chains isn't cutting it on our current site. To much mud on too many hills.

Back