The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody twasn't paying any attention chucking logs monday... caught a stump and smashed up the cab a wee bit.

Thinking I should start a second or 4th side job as a body repair guy? Perhaps not?

Time for a cab guard maybe?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Time for a cab guard maybe?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
it was probably time like 9 months ago.

its going to take a few days to accomplish though, and being over an hour away from it for the last 5 months, makin it harder to get done, hence why the exhaust only just got welded, cause the welder is a PITA to load, and burns lots of fuel on a 2hr round trip (its very heavy)

So likely the Cage will get pondered and plotted a bunch before I even start, but I will likely be ordering material in the next few days for it.

This current project is the first real thin I've done while having the dirty hoe, and no cage has been a daily reminder, lots of close calls, or bumps where nothing got damaged... but it was close.

In the meantime, I need to be more careful.

also, lost a days wages to fixing my stupidity...

See, that was a big part of why I ended up joining the navy... I had too many of those days as a contract cruiser and wanted a boss again for awhile so I could get back on track. Of course, now't we're baby old farts, we gotta work with what we've got, right?

See, that was a big part of why I ended up joining the navy... I had too many of those days as a contract cruiser and wanted a boss again for awhile so I could get back on track. Of course, now't we're baby old farts, we gotta work with what we've got, right?

Nothing stopping you from cruising on your off days... nudge nudge, wink wink, you know what I mean

My season started today, I haven't had this much snow this time of year in a long time... Went out to flag some thinning sites, was ok with snow shoes, but really slow going.
I wonder how the roads will be 2-3 weeks from now..IMG_20180323_110510.jpg

Ignorance is expensive.

Though I had my fire wagon all good to go.

Turns out DNR has a specific list of tools that must be present on any fire wagon that is working a dnr job...

I didn't have most of em, but they are notably weird and I never even would have thought about it.

500' of 1" or 1.5" fire hose (I had 300' extra 200' $150)
hose wrench, or spanner had that
2.5" adapter got that
1/4 turn to 1.5" nst adapter ($60)
spare spark plug ($3)
2 spare pull start cords($3)
6 hose gaskets ($10)
2 quarts of oil for pump engine
crescent wrench
adjustable pliers
Grease if needed
Screw driver (wtf for?)
spark plug wrench
($60 in misc tools )
300 gal minimum tank
pump sufficient to move 20 gals a minute (think mine does around 50)
20' of suction hose with strainer

Theres also something about being able to fill pump cans off the fire wagon, but we're just going to ignore that for now as there is water onsite

Note:

There is no call out for shovels, pulaskis, axes, piss pumps, or rakes?

Anyhow since I'll be burning in a couple days I decided to check over the fire wagon real quick like. The whole time I have this list rattling around in my head. So I go pull the starter cord and pop... **** you not first pull the cord breaks... but I did find out Honda is nice enough to supply there engines with a nice notch cut out that fits a tie down strap just about perfectly, so spare cord problem solved.

But I have spent around $300 in random junk I'll likely never use, like the 1/4 turn adapter, or the 2 quarts of oil... engine only uses 1/4 of a quart so? or the screw driver? of indeterminate size or shape?

Latest posts

Back