The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too true. I am sure I was pretty much the same except I never claimed to be quick or fast. Ron
Probably the wrong place to post this, but we got another novice cutter being egged on to tackle a tree that is beyond his skill level. If you agree maybe he’ll listen to you. Doesn’t appear that I have made any impression on him. https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/tricky-tree-to-take-down.319996/

Ron

Ron, nobody is going to make any impression on that guy. You did everything you could and if he won't listen that's not your fault.
He doesn't want advice, he wants somebody to validate what he's already decided to do.

You can only try so much with people like that but most likely you’ll read about it in the paper. You can bring the horse to water but you can’t make them drink. Ron you did everything that you could for the guy, but like you said he’s bull headed and another saying young blank blank you can fill in the blanks hope ends well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are probably right as usual. He is determined to cut that tree and that he is some kind of ninja. However, I guess I get more irritated at those who egg him on. Ron

I know what you mean. The term "blind leading the blind" comes to mind. You can substitute whatever word you want to for blind.
Or, in the words of a bullbuck I remember, looking at the shattered remains of an OG Redwood that was dropped into a stump field by a faller he'd just canned... "That SOB is dumb enough for two people and I can't afford either one of them".

I can agree with you both. I hope he learns something without getting hurt. Just from his pictures and aside from any species issues, I would hazard a guess that there is a likelihood that a novice could fall it unscathed. However, he may learn nothing from the experience and the next one kills him. Much preferable to progressively expand one’s boundaries than to immediately take on every hazard presented.

Reading his posts in another thread, he is caught up in his purchase of a new saw. Though urged to upgrade his purchase he resisted in deference to conserving cash for an expected birth. I thought with that type of restraint he might listen to a call for restraint on this tree, but the noise of cheerleaders and his self perceived invincibility may have deafened him.

Ron

welp...

I know that now...

however, there is a contract, not bulletproof, but a contract...

and per state law, they get x days to pay me after I institute a lien, times nearly up... no money yet...

so next step is Foreclose on em... but it taint gonna be cheap, cause I have to eat all the costs up front... but per state law, I can if things go well recover that at the end.

future contracts and any since then, will have notice of intent to lien included as well as payment of legal fees etc, possibly going with interest as well...

this is one of many reasons I'd like to see dualing re legalized. No honor, no shame no respect etc... that and I'm fairly good with most forms of combat, not an expert per say, but I can hold my own for a little while anyway, pistols, swords, knifes (knife fights suck fyi) fists... I feel I would do ok better when angry though.

Back