The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost one of my self loader jockeys recently.

He was building a new truck, installing the loader, something came loose and got him...

Dude hauled logs for my granpappy back in the 60's
Haven't been on here for a long time Northy. Sorry to read about the loss of your friend. Guessing it didn't make the local Tacoma paper I take, and I don't watch TV.

2B51515B-320B-487F-9332-EB0346A75203.jpeg

Apparently my laces wanted me to wear an eight inch boot today. I really like the way these newer boots broke in though.

I still don’t have a good way to get the schmoo buildup from boot grease off. Those boots started with a rough out lower.

It was icy this morning. Tried the F-350, spun out at the bottom of the grade. Fired up the 6 thinking I’d skim the top off, slid into the ditch a few feet up, hung on the belly pan. Didn’t even try to get it out, or get the 336 up the hill to pull it out. It’s got a set of triple bar grousers on and slides around on wet clay. It’s not going anywhere on ice. Said **** it and went to the shop. Called the guys and told them it would be a shop day at 7:00. We’re starting at 8:00 this time of year, so much for that standard time and the sun being up earlier, huh?

The shop is cleaner than it has been in about a year and I have two new beds welded into dump trucks. It was a good day.

Ye Ole essavator took a dump on me this morning, hopefully just a sensor, I've been fighting with it for a year or so, and its finally gone completely ****... Pape wants $661. for it, Ebay wants $58... shipping time is identical... fair to say I'm completely done with the johnny Deere dealer... I do a better job of looking up parts anyway

So I hop in the self loader, where I almost immediatly tore the end off the stick cylinder... then having to unload the 3 little logs with not stick control... cause no way in Hell they were riding back to the barn with me...

Spent the better part of the last 3 hours running the 1" impact the wrong way trying to get the massive not that hold the cylinder on off... this is after dropping $350 on one impact socket and a 1" breaker bar to go with it

Its still not loose

I fear in the morning I'm going to have to cut the nut and possible the bolt too, so I can line the end up with the ram and weld it all back together correctly

it appears to have happened before, and the welds are less then ideal

Truck is currently blocking one lane of the cul-de-sac I live on... cause I ****ing need a shop, hopefully I can get it apart cleaned up and properly welded to go retrieve that load tomorrow... I'm not holding my breath though

also, I just realized most of my typos are the letter S... cause I can't really feel that fanger... cause guitar...

22209CEE-779A-4E20-9169-22463CD715A6.jpeg
I worked alone today. The more hand work I have to do the more I think I need a 7,000 pound mini excavator, or a return to the woods on a full-time basis, or both.

Also, mmmmm silicosis, and I got my nice new(er) Frank’s dirty.

Back