The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had to go to El Paso Thursday to get the new engine for my Fecon.
Saw a thermometer on a sign that claimed 112. I don't know how acurate it was, they were only claiming 108 on the radio.
This draught is a bad one. I've been screaming for 15 months now that our town has to do something different with our water system. I've been voted down or dismissed on everything I have brought up. I was told that we have plenty of water. Well there was an emergency meeting the other day to officially announce that we are out of water...Hmm, imagine that, run the pumps on your wells 24-7 for 9 months straight and they go dry...who'd a thunk it? The county is now hauling us water in a tanker truck so we can have something come out when we turn the nob.
That wise comedian Ron White was right when he said; "You can't fix stupid".

Andy

From the looks of the cleaned out side of the log there's bark all the way around the rotten bit, I'm thinking this was one that overcame and grew around a smaller tree?

Could well be (bee?) Cedars are notorious for having lots of tops ($5 phrase for this is "incomplete apical dominance") and will push up, up, up until something sticks. It's their strategy for out-waiting faster-growing firs and alders. Unlike the Pine family, the Cypress family can fuse and grow stems together, though it is not a thing that I recall seeing in western redcedars. If it weren't for the bees, I'd suggest autopsying the tree to figure out how it's put together, but that's just the tree nerd in me speaking.

They say if you don't like the weather in New Mexico...wait a few minutes.
It started raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock early this morning. Quit about 8 am, started again about 7 pm.
I say let it rain, I'll work some other time. ;)

Andy

And here we have exhibit A: proving that the north man is a moron...:msp_sad:

This is what happens when you toss yer little saw in the back of the skidder and don't pay any attention to the fact its hanging out of the arse end...

aaaaaahhhhh! I have done the exact same thing. jus need a new tank, they easy to change. I built a wood box bolted to the skidder to prevent this.

And here we have exhibit A: proving that the north man is a moron...:msp_sad:

This is what happens when you toss yer little saw in the back of the skidder and don't pay any attention to the fact its hanging out of the arse end...

Looks like a little duck tape could fix it. They have different colors and patterns so your saw could reflect your personality. For instance, Old Sparkless has a strip of flames on it.

hmmm watching cable...splicing cable...I'll choose splice. we cancelled our cable and still can't find the time for all the side projects I have on my "to do" list. If I had cable it would be hopeless!

We turned cable tv box in on Monday, told them we wanted to keep the internet, paid the adjusted bill and left.
A simple deal right? Tuesday morning a tech comes by, climbs the pole, no internet. I go to the office where some pinhead tries to tell me that the next appointment would be Wednesday afternoon. It got loud in there. An hour later a tech comes by, climbs the pole, tells me all is well. I tell him, it isn't working. This pinhead tells me the modem is shot, so back to the office for a new one. Back home, big surprise, no worky. Another trip to the office, where it got loud again. An hour later, a tech climbs the pole, same result, he checks the line to the house, checks the line in the house, installs yet another new modem, makes several cell calls. Still nothing. He climbs the pole, then the pole on the other side of the street, then back to the first pole. He replaces a line that was new back last September and ping, the 'net is back. An hour later, Charter calls wanting to know how things went....
LMAO!!!

We turned cable tv box in on Monday, told them we wanted to keep the internet, paid the adjusted bill and left.
A simple deal right? Tuesday morning a tech comes by, climbs the pole, no internet. I go to the office where some pinhead tries to tell me that the next appointment would be Wednesday afternoon. It got loud in there. An hour later a tech comes by, climbs the pole, tells me all is well. I tell him, it isn't working. This pinhead tells me the modem is shot, so back to the office for a new one. Back home, big surprise, no worky. Another trip to the office, where it got loud again. An hour later, a tech climbs the pole, same result, he checks the line to the house, checks the line in the house, installs yet another new modem, makes several cell calls. Still nothing. He climbs the pole, then the pole on the other side of the street, then back to the first pole. He replaces a line that was new back last September and ping, the 'net is back. An hour later, Charter calls wanting to know how things went....
LMAO!!!

At least you have "an office" to deal with. We have to call a location somewhere in the world, listen to bad music with a voice telling us how important our call is for what seems like years, then they tell a lie. In spite of all that, sometimes the tech guy will show up and he apologizes and fixes things.

All that pole climbing ...? They're lookin to charge ya for somethin. Our local office gave us the runaround for six months. I kept tryin to tell 'em, we just want Internet...they couldn't get a guy out or we need a NEW modem or... Finally just called century link. I think maybe as far as the cable companies are concerned there's just no $ in Internet only accounts, so they all but push us out the door...whatev! Screw em ... I'll watch all those shows nxt year on Netflix.

Same thing though... It got a bit loud in our local cable office when I was in there too??!! No, I'm not cuttin a check today! Sorry.

No wonder I've been feeling like I was getting punched in the chest all day for the last couple of weeks -- I forgot that I stuck the tach in my radio harness one day when I was pocket-challenged! Took the tach out and now the harness feels like it's not even there. D'OH!

tried out my spring boards todayView attachment 305111 they worked excellently.

Same tree, back it up stuff a wedge or two, then three or four... grand total 10, yes 10 wedges one tree. Had to go back to the crummy and get more... 2 hours later... I'm limbing up said tree almost to the end and she starts to roll on me, I'm 10' in the air at this point... only option is to run the length back to solidish ground... only rolls about 3/4 of a turn but did manage to suck my log tape under it in the process... But more importantly my fat arse managed to stay on top of it without dropping my saw!:chainsaw:

By this time its 12:45, and thanks to Mr burn ban I'm supposed to shut down at 1... just leaves more felling for tomorrow...

Probably the same it is here...don't be lighting any farts or the whole place will go up.

Back