The Farm Tractor in the Woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my John Deere 2940 sitting at the landing. This was last winter when we didn't have much snow. This year the snow has shut me down.

Deere2940.jpg

tractor

Here's my John Deere 2940 sitting at the landing. This was last winter when we didn't have much snow. This year the snow has shut me down.

Deere2940.jpg

Nice tractor!!! Looks like it will pull alot!!:greenchainsaw:
Hey, look my 800th post!LOL

Last edited:
tractor

I wish I had some better pictures of it in action, but I am usual too busy at the time to take pictures. Maybe this summer when I get back into the swing of things I can get some.:chainsaw:

I'm gonna try to get some pics of my tractor when I get it on a loggin' job. I got a side job comming up, a lady wants me to cut trees away so she can put up more fence for her horses. She has a BIG cherry on her property prolly 4 1/2 ft easy. It's so crooked, I don't think even I can buck the bow out of it. So It'll prolly end up as firewood, if she decides she wants me to cut it. Oh and I didn't mention that it is half uprooted and on soft soil. And most of the big cherry's like this have a little center rot, at the base. I might be able to either sell these logs as pulp or firewood.:greenchainsaw:

I would put my tractor in a picture but don't want to be embarrassed!
The shroud is missing, have to do some sheet metal work the bush hogging
I done at my property was rough on the old ford 800. It got the work done at least!

JD 2640 here. Only 2 wheel drive with a loader. With this snow we have Im thinking about chains. Do they help much?

Here is my BoDozer grapple. It works well at logs and brush.
303757760.jpg

303757747.jpg

Some guys will get a laugh from this:
303758263.jpg

I move alot of firewood with that little gem.

May be the old AMF harley motor is it gas?

No...Its electric. Thats where the torque comes from. I have been unable to get this thing stuck unless I intentionally high center it. Otherwise no amount of mud can stick it. Must be the batt weight over he drive axle and very little resistance up front.

My Digger

Mahindra 3510 (35hp), farmi 351p, 509 bradco hoe, soft & hard maple, in no particular order.:)

DSCN0771.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0841_edited-1.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

JD 2640 here. Only 2 wheel drive with a loader. With this snow we have Im thinking about chains. Do they help much?

Studded chains with the diff lock will go good. Brake steering becomes more difficult, but with a loader you probably don't do much of that anyway. Just make sure you have fender clearance. Some of the larger tire sizes can't be used with chains if it has the flat top fenders.

Latest posts

Back