The Farm Tractor in the Woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the fall colors in the woods.

p101000112rc9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p101000709jq5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The log landing area out behind the barn

p101000809am3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p101001010py1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

digging up an old forum

I've read through this pretty much and really feel tractor winches are the cats meow.
Now where do I get one?
Farmi jl351p?

Pics of my little tractor

Here are some pics of my toy tractor (compared to some of the tractors on this thread!). It sure helps me out. It has 4wheel drive so I can get by pretty well with turf tires. There is no snow to speak of during our winters, only rain. I have homemade pallet forks and it is a bit of a pain to switch from bucket to forks. One day I will cobble up some kind of homebrew quick attach. The tractor is only 25hp and can only lift 1000 lbs at the best of it. I have a boxblade for counterbalance and when I need more I load up a rock box on top of it. However for the most part, if I can lift it I can move it (4wd again).

Here are some pics of my toy tractor (compared to some of the tractors on this thread!). It sure helps me out. It has 4wheel drive so I can get by pretty well with turf tires.

Those front tires look like R-4's to me. I have R-1's all the way around on my Kubota which are great, traction-wise. The front tires really take a beating when the pallet forks are full of wood. I need front tires with the thread of a R-1 with the plies of a R-4.

I built my own 3 pt winch some 10 years ago. Just didn't want to spend the $$$$$ for something I didn't think I'd use that much. It sat around for so long, I had it for sale the past year. Few lookers at 500.00 but no takers. The way things have worked out, I'm glad it didn't sell as it's been getting a workout lately.
coak6.jpg
In the pic. is an oak butt, some 35" across & about 7 ft long. For anyone that doesnt read the 'firewood & wood heat' forum here, there's this thread http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=81749 We just got a dig. camcorder, I'm hoping to get a short movie of it in action to post here soon.

Hello, I do not know if it's the right topic, I wanted to show you one of my tractors (one of the avatar) I do not think we are loaded in your part like that, already in the regions close to me, they've never seen

Last edited:
Ciao, non so se è l'argomento giusto, ho voluto mostrarvi uno dei miei trattori (uno degli avatar) non credo ci siano caricate da parte vostra in questo modo, già nelle regioni vicino a me, si ' ve mai visto: greenchainsaw:
Translation: Hello, I do not know if it's the right argument, I wanted to show you one of my tractors (one of the avatar) I do not think we are loaded by you in this way, already in the regions close to me, you 've ever seen
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hello, I do not know if it's the right topic, I wanted to show you one of my tractors (one of the avatar) I do not think we are loaded in your part like that, already in the regions close to me, they've never seen

Nice setup, It's great to see how they do things in other countries. Thanks for embedding the pics mtngun.
John

I've been keeping my tractor busy in the woodlot too. My nephues and i have been cutting saw and firewood logs, cleaning out out a pasture...

orig.jpg

One helper pulled out small limbs and stacked them all in one direction. Then i'd come along with the tractor, grabble and move them to big piles,

orig.jpg

I also did all the tree felling, and chainsawed out all the logs. Between the other jobs, i loaded my "log hauling" running gear with the ash, cherry and bass wood logs,

orig.jpg

By the end of the day, here's the firewood and logs we had loaded to haul away,

orig.jpg

And here's a better look at my huge load of firewood,

orig.jpg

As you can see, i pulled "doubles" today,

orig.jpg

Here's a before pict.,

orig.jpg

Here's how the pasture looks now, we really opened it up!!

orig.jpg

There's still plenty of sawlogs/firewood to haul out of there, so we will be back out there again later!

Rob

Don't know if this is the right place, but will give it a try anyway. I recently bought a grey Kubota tractor type Bulltra B1-15 4WD and experienced some serious problems lately with the 3point hitch. This tractor is equipped with the infamous Monroematic automatic hitch control. Was wondering if anyone had some experience with this system ? If so, will glad to post some pics for further discussion. Any help is appreciated.

We have been working this large cherry tree it has been a lot of work/fun with my new Husqvarna 365xt and new stihl ms 250. The Kubota bx1500 is new to me but is a 2003 with 460 hrs on it.

With our new house in the woods I have been doing a lot of saw and tractor juggling.

ry4ujaga.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Those front tires look like R-4's to me. I have R-1's all the way around on my Kubota which are great, traction-wise. The front tires really take a beating when the pallet forks are full of wood. I need front tires with the thread of a R-1 with the plies of a R-4.

I don't think the r4 tires get a lot of plies until you get to the 12.5x18 which may actually be considered an I3, those are 12 ply. I think you need to be in the M series Kubota to get to those rims and tires. I think what they provide is inferior to the firestone though.

More logging picts...

Here's the first white pine of the day and it's a beauty!!

standard.jpg

I counted 110 rings, so it's an old tree forsure!

standard.jpg

My old 268XP sure has been a good saw!

standard.jpg

And with the limbs cut off and the logs sawn out at 16' 6", i started skidding the logs

standard.jpg

Eariler i poped out this HUGE boulder out of our skidding road and rolled it aside, as there was no way around it!

standard.jpg

And with the log skidded out, i loaded it on my "log hauling" running gear,

standard.jpg

So, with two loads loaded, we headed out where i barely made it up "sugar sand hill" without letting out lots of chain!

standard.jpg

But we did make it, clawing our way to the top and headed out to the road, then home,

standard.jpg

Latest posts

Back