The Farm Tractor in the Woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(continued from last page)

Where my helper started washing the logs, getting them ready to be milled,

standard.jpg

And once again, we had some VERY nice logs and a bit of firewood!

standard.jpg

SR

The little 4300 is pushing it's limit without counterweight other than filled tires but the maneuvering is a bit tight in a natural drain. Finally had to give up and take another cut off of the load, just too tippy. I did get to some shade first though!:msp_thumbsup:

Hu

not enough green tractors ! here is the 5400 hay tractor that I now use for bushhoggin and moving logs around - the log on the front is green red oak and a 28 inch bar on the saw. The 7510 is more of a farm tractor - it gets used for everything including holding a duck blind in the air so we can shoot deer out of it hahah Pricey deer stand haha IMG_0755.JPGIMG_0535.JPG IMG_0535.JPG

Sure is fun splitting ash!

I'm glad this thread has been recently resurrected. It's been great looking at the pics you guys have posted. Hopefully I'll get a few of my own up someday.

I've been on and off cleaning up some tornado damages tree's out of a ravine,

standard.jpg

This woods is full of red oaks, along with some others mixed in. Anyway, after winching numerous logs/tree's out, I had my eye on these two leaners,

standard.jpg

So, it was time to get started on getting them out,

standard.jpg

These two tree's have some top grade saw logs in them,

standard.jpg

but I couldn't get a straight line pull on them, so I put a snatch block up in a tree,

standard.jpg

It took a while to get them both on the ground as they were "hangers",

standard.jpg

But FINALLY I could winch them up out of the ravine,

standard.jpg

and get them loaded, to pull "doubles" on home,

standard.jpg

Those 17 footers are about as good as red oak saw logs get around here!

SR

Nice looking oak and nice job taking them down.
Do you have a veneer buyer in your area or are you gonna saw them up into boards?
John

2014-05-03 13.20.32.jpg

Ferguson Tea 20 (1954) with forks moving pallets.
I also have a 3T winch for it and a 3T homemade timbertrailer with wheel drive (12.4x28 tyres).
It does 40 km/h on the road after having installed bigger tyres and a different carburettor. Stock it's only supposed to do 21 km/h.
I'm restoring tractor nr 2 at the moment, a 55 model. The engine has been overhauled, swapped out to 87 mm cylinder liners instead of the stock 80/85mm bore and a upgraded carb. Stock hp: 24/28. After upgrades: 40-50 hp.

Back