The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never tried mulberry
I usually use apple and hickory.
Tried some wild cherry, way too strong.

I will have to try the mulberry next time, we have a **** load of it.

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills
We use it a lot for the coal bed & for smoking....Very good with apple or crab, a little goes a long way as it's strong but nothing like cherry.

Replaced the slab in front of the garage. Then moved the pieces of concrete by tipping them up onto two wheel hand cart, filling the inside of the circle with sand as the wall got higher. Our oldest son helped with the cantilevered deck and pavers.The circle idea for the concrete was from a trampoline one of the kids brought home. After many years the treated lumber for the step needs replacing. The concrete had fiber mesh, so no wire. Held up well but the surface spalled badly, and the kids were playing a lot of basket ball. Had it cored, and whatever they use for air entrapment was way off. Replaced it for cost of material. The fire pit area is gently sloped to the center and there is a couple feet of pea stone beneath the ring for drainage.IMG_2262.jpg IMG_3149.jpg IMG_1812.jpgIMG_1811.jpg IMG_2898.jpg

Earlier and later...
d71d85a355c17801cb9556d4d8105c8b.jpg
6fe371bb67128289ad87659ffb24ab3f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Replaced the slab in front of the garage. Then moved the pieces of concrete by tipping them up onto two wheel hand cart, filling the inside of the circle with sand as the wall got higher. Our oldest son helped with the cantilevered deck and pavers.The circle idea for the concrete was from a trampoline one of the kids brought home. After many years the treated lumber for the step needs replacing. The concrete had fiber mesh, so no wire. Held up well but the surface spalled badly, and the kids were playing a lot of basket ball. Had it cored, and whatever they use for air entrapment was way off. Replaced it for cost of material. The fire pit area is gently sloped to the center and there is a couple feet of pea stone beneath the ring for drainage.View attachment 590798 View attachment 590799 View attachment 590800View attachment 590802 View attachment 590803

That's awesome! :clap:

Thanks for the 'likes' and comment.
Little different view. There is a short retaining wall midway under the deck, and a concrete column support on the right side where it drops to regress windows. I like the covered entries, out of the weather, and the screened porch is enclosed with wooden screen doors. Chipmunks live in the concrete voids, which has attracted Blue Racers in the past, before the dog. IMG_4030.jpg

Ok. What are you using inside the blocks?

Sent from a field
It's a piece of 3' diameter duct that I got off a job I was on. It's 1/4" wall with a bolt together flange that I left on.
I laid everything out and used pea gravel between the duct and landscape blocks as a heat sink. Seems to work well, I haven't had any failures yet...
ec34fa1996f6cd3af4f4216d6edf10b3.jpg
0701bd33896f8e50c1f8286ed352eaa3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back