• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

The Fire Pit Thread

thewoodlands

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
This wet weather has allowed me to burn some chit azz wood that has been hanging around on our house lot from clearing of some dead pine.

I start everything out with some dry pine kindling with fire starters and then add some dry pine splits until it's going pretty good and then add the wet stuff.

Attachments

Deleted member 150358
D

Deleted member 150358

View attachment 765627 Burn ban over , time to light the pile !
I usually wait for the 3" snow rule here. Otherwise ya gotta get a permit. My dad got ticketed for it a couple times banned for a couple years. Woulda been jail time if he got caught burning without a permit. Ain't worth the hassles. Too close to civilization here.

bfrazier

bfrazier

ArboristSite Operative
Burn ban over , time to light the pile !
Yo, Richard!

You mean piles times 10 right? After snowzilla I burned 20+/- this spring and have another dozen or so torching this fall. And it's been perfect weather to do some fall pile burning! Nice tractor you got there.

thewoodlands

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
Since NOAA is calling for 9 inches of snow for our area, I decided that today would be a get rid of old splits day along with most of the pine I split the other day.

Attachments

thewoodlands

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
By the size of that fire you won't get any snow within 100 yards just rain. Nothing like a good fire to warm the body and the soul. Enjoy
With around 9 inches of snow coming in, I burned some chit wood that would be in an area I plow along with some fresh split pine. I was telling my wife that I plan on making it three feet wider so we can burn more of the dead pine during the winter and when it's wet out.