The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bar in a Minneapolis suburb just got in deep doo doo for selling that stuff as its not licensed for "export". Apparently has quite a following though.
Yep Wisconsin only can't keep up with demand. There are no licensed distributors outside the state. I believe it was Maple Grove bar that got dinged. Bad news there

What kind of brew is it? Can you compare flavor to a more common beer?
No I can't there is no comparison in my mind that's why I pay 18.00 bucks for a 12 pack. I honestly don't know what is close it's darn tasty though. You gotta try it.

No I can't there is no comparison in my mind that's why I pay 18.00 bucks for a 12 pack. I honestly don't know what is close it's darn tasty though. You gotta try it.
I understand. Every so often I pick up an Avery Brewing "Samaels" at $9 a bottle when I find it. It's 14.2% ABV and smooth as all get out.

Redds Apple ale at5.0, was pretty good, last weekend. I wouldn't ever pass one of those down.

I am down visiting my parents for a while in Kentucky. I have been mentioning to them that they need to build a fire pit due to all of the wood they have from trees cut down or just debris.

Well, after 5 years of mentioning we did it.

And let me say one thing......this Woodtick is no longer cut out for hot and humid. Holee Schmolee.

Here is the rough layout. Yes, this is being built on a hill. Pretty much flattest point from the house and as their neighbor said, "Well Ben, when you build something down here, you use compound measurements a lot."

At this point we ran to Lowes to get 9 pavers for the top and a bunch of paver base (crush and run).

Back home, started to form it up and I hauled in 7 loads of rock from their culvert as filler.

This is were all of the rock came from. Its right down the road from their house in their development. I had brought a bunch of it up a few years ago for their culvert.

Got it all formed up and all of the paver base in that we had. Hit the store in the am and got more paver base and the wall block now.

Here is the rough level of the base and starting the first course of block. It was SLOW going and freaking hot.

Finished the first course of block and rebarred in. Quit at 9pm and i was shot.

Started again this morning and in the SHADE.

Pinning blocks together and even some were through 2 blocks and into the ground. Sweet. I used a 20ft piece of 1/2" rebar on this.

This went way faster with the other courses. Then we glued the top course down.

This is pretty much finished. Just have to put the top caps on when we get those.

On a side note it used these gloves for 3 days. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

They have puncture proof palms and fingers.

Hardly any wear after 3 days of dealing with rock.

Going to cut wood after supper and let the 394 beller and fire up the pit tonight.

I am down visiting my parents for a while in Kentucky. I have been mentioning to them that they need to build a fire pit due to all of the wood they have from trees cut down or just debris.

And let me say one thing......this Woodtick is no longer cut out for hot and humid. Holee Schmolee.

Here is the rough layout. Yes, this is being built on a hill. Pretty much flattest point from the house and as their neighbor said, "Well Ben, when you build something down here, you use compound measurements a lot."

At this point we ran to Lowes to get 9 pavers for the top and a bunch of paver base (crush and run).

Back home, started to form it up and I hauled in 7 loads of rock from their culvert as filler.

This is were all of the rock came from. Its right down the road from their house in their development. I had brought a bunch of it up a few years ago for their culvert.

Got it all formed up and all of the paver base in that we had. Hit the store in the am and got more paver base and the wall block now.

Here is the rough level of the base and starting the first course of block. It was SLOW going and freaking hot.

Pinning blocks together and even some were through 2 blocks and into the ground. Sweet. I used a 20ft piece of 1/2" rebar on this.

This is pretty much finished. Just have to put the top caps on when we get those.

Going to cut wood after supper and let the 394 beller and fire up the pit tonight.
Sounds like a fun project despite the heat. Enjoy a few cool ones tonight!

...nice BenP...way ta go!!! Enjoy the fires.

@unclemoutache , can you post a pic of your wood bin at your firepit area taken in the daylight? Would like to get a better view of it. Thanks, Erik B

Here ya go. 2x4 framing. Vertical siding on the outside, corrugated roof, tarp to cover the shelf and a bit of the wood. All stuff I had lying around.

IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9828.JPG IMG_9829.JPG

Getting the fire going with misc scrounge. The staghorn sumac is still sizzling despite being balsa light already

This AE gave in to the Fiskars after about 20 hits.

after bout 20 hits! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Need you one them 30 lber mauls EL WHAMMO!

get it sharp first..don't miss... ;)

svk
That elm went down with a fight but I see it forming arms and at the ends maybe fingers. I'm sure it is trying to flip you the bird, the old one finger salute. Burn it quick before it gets the last word in.

Back