The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b19f848e71649b70801bbee1764bc7ae.jpg

Been awhile, with all the fires and fire weather warnings out west

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was some pine mother nature brought down with some high winds, after I burned that pine, I pulled back the cover and found more rounds so I split that and it's burning in the fireplace.

Attachments

• 101_9892.JPG
    101_9892.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 101_9894.JPG
    101_9894.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 101_9897.JPG
    101_9897.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 101_9898.JPG
    101_9898.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 101_9900.JPG
    101_9900.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 30
He's an adolescent male, and all our roos locally are wild. The males are both more scaredy and unpredictable than the females but generally you won't have a problem unless you corner them. I accidentally cornered a fully grown male when I was heading out to the woodshed once. I didn't notice him until he stood up - he was as tall as me. He was looking to escape rather than fight but I walked backwards and let him go on his way as I didn't fancy a punch-on. We have a female who is a semi-permanent resident on our 2 acre property who has a joey hopping along beside her. She'll allow us to get to within about 10 metres before she moves away.

13th May 2.jpg

When I was young we used to go to a coastal town about 300km south of Sydney and at one of the beaches there was a grassy area where the kangaroos were tame as. We used to take apple peels and hand feed them and you could pat them too. We heard of one guy who saw a tiny joey in a mother's pouch and tried to pat it - and got his arse handed to him by the mother kangaroo...there were limits to what they'd tolerate. I don't think you're allowed to feed or pat them there anymore, regulations, regulations.

2cced2db194b2482a32ea751e8e09c35.jpg

59f8758b7b95030cd8036195d610ce2a.jpg

Last nights burn, getting ready for tonite

Been isolating out side in one of our sheds as I work in the medical field and one of my daughters has pre-conditioned respiratory issues from being a 26 week
2 lb baby @ birth.

361f44abc8fb0645f4809a91e9e1b8d3.jpg

A little outdoor warming & cooking fire.

Have about 2 cords of Blue Gum Euc I’m burning from a huge tree we took down by house

That must be hard not seeing your family [emoji22]
My wife also works in the medical field
I just come off my quarantine , she was exposed
No symptoms we fine [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop
we thank god for your family. stay safe . man if people only new what the ones that are helping us in the medical field are going through.

we thank god for your family. stay safe . man if people only new what the ones that are helping us in the medical field are going through.

Thats exactly right
The ones on the front lines ought to get a very good bonus for working and knowing the risks [emoji106][emoji3083]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Sent from Hoskey hilltop
My daughter works in a nursing home, last week they got their first case. She drew the short straw and is the one that gets to work with the covid patients. Yesterday, she said that is the only case so far in her building. Their sister building, which is assisted living patients, has had 4 cases.

Couple weeks ago I was in Ace to get mixing oil. A few days later the news put out a warning, some one that was in there the same day as me tested positive. I’m fine. I can still mow my lawns, but have cut back to every other week. I’m healthy and feel indestructible. But, I’m over 60 and have had chronic bronchitis my whole adult life. So, I’m taking it serious, telling customers not to come out. I’ll settle up when this is over, or they can pay me on line.

My daughter works in a nursing home, last week they got their first case. She drew the short straw and is the one that gets to work with the covid patients. Yesterday, she said that is the only case so far in her building. Their sister building, which is assisted living patients, has had 4 cases.

Couple weeks ago I was in Ace to get mixing oil. A few days later the news put out a warning, some one that was in there the same day as me tested positive. I’m fine. I can still mow my lawns, but have cut back to every other week. I’m healthy and feel indestructible. But, I’m over 60 and have had chronic bronchitis my whole adult life. So, I’m taking it serious, telling customers not to come out. I’ll settle up when this is over, or they can pay me on line.

Good to hear and good for you !!

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Lots of speaker phone and window waving with her and the kids.
I’m usually gone several weeks during Fire season out here, so it’s almost the same but they can see me [emoji4]
Kids made me Easter dinner and treats
80ba6f6dcb004039f398b385a220c85b.jpg

f571e35b1fe415fd9416b2711f0fae04.jpg

I have set aside a space up at my ranch I have mowed over the years. little more than 'just pasture outside the gate' but I have always liked it. but not the cow's visiting and also chowing down on my Texas bluebonnets... so fenced it off! liked the change so much it is now officially... the Ranch Park. :) I scrounged up this old metal circle... maybe it was u that suggested may have been a fire pit stand... and I have some old welded wire circled up to make a lil burn bin. thinking of mating the two... for a 'low-buck' lol, fire pit. especially, since other day I scrounged up from neighbor just down the road a bit these 2 old 'trash bin' ready concrete seat stands and a nice hunk of slate out of Austin, Tx. said seat to me immediately. seems I wasn't far off. the lil burn pit, under the big oak tree... after a long day on the tractor... and a cold one... should make for some pleasant sun sets. which are often orange and majestic. :) thinking of trucking in couple boulders, too... for one area that the grass is sparse in year round, one corner. was part of the old original county road way back in the turn of the 1900's...

:givebeer: continues to be avail... even despite these times. no :cheers: would be pandemic to me... lol

take care...
PA270011.JPGP9250005.JPGPA210029.JPG
Miller time... $5-2/10! :)
zzpb.jpg

Latest posts

Back