the free wood thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody ever hook up for wood with the free wood thread in this forum? I keep seeing people add their names- just wondering.
krm

I've had two contacts.
One promised a call when the wood was available - never heard back. One sounded very good, but was too far away.

Best advice I've gotten was to hook up with a local tree service. I now have all the wood I can haul.

i am just starting with big amounts of wood i use to buy my wood cut split and get riped off for $150 a so called cord 2 a year. :bang:

now i have a friend who has a tree company and i help him out and he gives me unsplit cut rounds 16inchs long for free. got 7 cords from him free this year.

but i am starting to buy my wood for $80 a cord for 24ft long trees either way heating with wood will be cheaper then oil. i am replacing my old 1977 vermont casting with a new avalon stove this year so it should burn cleaner and use less wood.

i am turning my boiler off and heating with wood from now on. if i get cold in the morning you'll see how fast i start a fire ;-)

with my vermont castings the fire is out and no coals by morning i'm hoping with my new avalon that i will still have a coal-bed so i can start a new fire easy.

and i will also have the blower so if the coals keep the stove hot enough the blower will blow nice worm air Even if there is no fire

thanks
Jason

wow- you got a nice set up! replace that stove and you'll go through a lot less wood (and keep our air cleaner). good for you (and us).

Back