The Genius of Stihl, an Amazing Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone whispered in my ear, hey they brought the Stihl story back up, go reply.

Another part, lets jump to last year. 2008 was a year of layoffs and hardships for companies all over the world. Stihl on the other hand had another year of growth, no layoffs, nope, they were and still are hiring. The other major manufacture of chainsaws, Stihls only major competitior, laid off 960 employees. What this proves is the Stihl model of doing business works.

Another note of interest. Its said Stihl does not sell online and to a degree that is true. However in a varied way they do indeed sell online. They have set up thier website with a new feature that will take the customer to their nearest Stihl dealer. That customer can inquire with that dealer through e-mail and make a buying decision without leaving the comfort of his home. He does have to come get his purchase but the decision to buy was done online. The customer can inquire about anything with his nearest dealer all online. A feature that works. I've made many Stihl sales with this feature from Stihl's website. The dealer himself has to get up to snuff and make use of this feature. Not all dealers use it and they have no idea what they are missing out on, more sales. Who says there's more than one way to skin a cat, ME. There's more than one way to sell online too..

Last edited:
Not all dealers use it and they have no idea what they are missing out on, more sales. Who says there's more than one way to skin a cat, ME. There's more than one way to sell online too..

Heys you Master, don't overdo it now you hears... You make it look as a future where there's no more need of a backroom or a slick salesguy with a terrible a-c-c-e-n-t to sell them Stihl saws....:buttkick: :hmm3grin2orange:

Heys you Master, don't overdo it now you hears... You make it look as a future where there's no more need of a backroom or a slick salesguy with a terrible a-c-c-e-n-t to sell them Stihl saws....:buttkick: :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, no fear Brother Belgian. When they e-mail me I always reply and try my best to answer all their questions. I sold a saw last week to a guy that had sent several e-mails from the website. When he came in I didn't know who he is and he didn't know I was the guy answering his e-mails. I sold him what he wanted and he goes btw, I'm Bob, the guy that was e-mailing this place. I go I'm Tom, the guy that was answering your e-mails. He goes so you do it all huh, I grinned and said ya dayummmmmmmmm right, he laffed and had a good time getting his saw.

That website thing works great I tell ya. True they still have to come get what they want in person but, they are getting swooned in the e-mails by yours truely. Almost as good as the backroom selling but without the ball bat and head locks and wrestling matches,LOLOLOL

This chapter of Stihl may have been told before.

I was talking to dealer on the phone Jan. 23 2009.
He told me they had received their first China made Stihl. (hedge trimmer)

It had been said here on AS before about the China plant, but it's product's
would be for the China market. Don't seem that is so.

Hey ..........Get back to the story .......

It will be years before the story concludes man. I've run em out of Leesburg, I got the Husky dealer sending his saws sales over to me so I don't mind him. If things go as I plan I'm gonna run em out the entire country, the competition that is:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Good post there. I'm watching that very closely. Should I get a unit in made in China they are gonna have to almost break my fingers to order another one of that unit. All dealers are free to sell what they want. I myself do not want to sell a unit made in China. Many dealers will do exactly what I plan on doing, simply not carry that unit. Zama is bad enough without dealing with an entire unit made overthere. Seems all the manufactures are in the game overthere but if the dealers refuse to order them they will have to sell them overthere, I think,yikes, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

That just doesn't seem right. I wonder what the next Chicom Stihl product to be imported here will be?

I was thinking a ear full of cussin'.:biggrinbounce2:

I've never cussed at work. Holy schit the sky is falling here all the sudden, I hear thunder, what hell is going on,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

and ..... here is the rest of the story

Good post there. I'm watching that very closely. Should I get a unit in made in China they are gonna have to almost break my fingers to order another one of that unit. All dealers are free to sell what they want. I myself do not want to sell a unit made in China. Many dealers will do exactly what I plan on doing, simply not carry that unit. Zama is bad enough without dealing with an entire unit made overthere. Seems all the manufactures are in the game overthere but if the dealers refuse to order them they will have to sell them overthere, I think,yikes, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

{scene from the Stihl gulag for training and re-education}

322 lb. German weightlifter: Oh Mr. Hall. Have another drink of the creamsicle kool-aid. There, feel better now?

Tommie: No?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Have another long, cool drink. You feel now like selling the special overseas units now?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Have another long, cool drink, Mr. Hall. You feel now like selling the special overseas units now?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Ah, I'm going to pour this tepid Folgers of yours right down zee drain.

Tommie: No, please, no?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Perhaps my American friend should reconsider, no?

Tommie: No, never?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Mr. Hall. You see this sharp, precision, German made safety pin I'm holding to your, how you say, Demi doll?

Tommie: Well, let me think here a minute, dayuuuuuum, that pin is sharp and well made.

322 lb. German weightlifter: Mr. Hall, are you ready now to sell the new, mehrere sagen?

Tommie: No? Can I speak with father joat?

322 lb. German weightlifter: So, you think that worthless, scoundrel, poor excuse for a human being, father joat can help you?

{due to the voilent nature of Mr. Hall's beating, we must cut away}

{scene from the Stihl gulag for training and re-education}

322 lb. German weightlifter: Oh Mr. Hall. Have another drink of the creamsicle kool-aid. There, feel better now?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Have another long, cool drink. You feel now like selling the special overseas units now?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Have another long, cool drink, Mr. Hall. You feel now like selling the special overseas units now?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Ah, I'm going to pour this tepid Folgers of yours right down zee drain.

Tommie: No, please, no?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Perhaps my American friend should reconsider, no?

Tommie: No, never?

322 lb. German weightlifter: Mr. Hall. You see this sharp, precision, German made safety pin I'm holding to your, how you say, Demi doll?

Tommie: Well, let me think here a minute, dayuuuuuum, that pin is sharp and well made.

322 lb. German weightlifter: Mr. Hall, are you ready now to sell the new, mehrere sagen?

Tommie: No? Can I speak with father joat?

322 lb. German weightlifter: So, you think that worthless, scoundrel, poor excuse for a human being, father joat can help you?

{due to the voilent nature of Mr. Hall's beating, we must cut away}

You can turn the camera's back on now boys, my beating up that big guy is over now. Teach him to mess with us corn fed boys,haha

Joat can you give that big bloat a ride to the doctor, a few hundred stitches and he'll be fine, I'll wipe up the blood, teeth and skin off the floor,hehehe

Between Folgers could you do a serial number for Minnt

112739640 024AV which clutch drum/rim kit?

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=87282

Cheers Tommy
Tommy....

024AV, lets see. 7 tooth .325 kit-1121-007-1001
8 tooth .325 kit-1121-007-1002
7 tooth 3/8 Picco kit-1121-007-1004
8 tooth 3/8 Picco kit-1121-007-1005
7 tooth 3/8 kit-1121-007-1035
Take ya choice.....

Serail number really isn't worth looking up for a saw that old. Its 20 years out of warranty....

Latest posts

Back