Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by THALL10326, Jan 1, 2008.
Sleep tight, ya heathen...
It ain't purty watching an old man like Tom get beat up so. . .
You must have missed a class in that fancy law school. Look at the bu$ine$$ potential.
Tryin' to help,
Cheers Buddy we were thinking the clutch drum changed at some point ao the serial no might have been important
Thanks guys for a great (if drawn out) post of A.S. on A.S.
Until, like I said in another post they start buying and selling thru the Chinese like everyone else will be doing in the future.
I don't care who they are they will succomb to the all mighty dollar. It is cheaper to have the Chinese make their saws and sell them at the same prices they do now(more profit). Of course Stihl will probably be the last to succomb when the Chinese finally get their manufacturing down right. But they will do it, you will see.
That's a scarey post,and i hope it dose'nt come true!Alot of stuff sure has went that way.
The almighty dollar isn't so mighty right now. Wait until the Chinese start selling Stihl clones themselves and by-passing Stihl. They don't give a rat's azz about copyrights, intellectual rights, human rights, and patents.
Well Stihl(the main company) doesn't deal in dollars either. Point is it will be cheaper once the Chinese get their sh-t together to have them build them. And yes alot has gone that way.......
I do not wish to pick a fight with you, but this statement is so far fetched that it must not go unchecked. Look at Stihl's sales in the USA, their plants in the USA and tell me how they don't deal in dollars.
Just going back to post #403. Someone forgot to check out Mike Acres site on Norway's 1948 Jo-Bu Senior as the first one man saw into production. At 38 lbs,125cc. 7,300 were sold. No not the 1950 Stihl BL as 1st, 1952 Dolmar CP as 2nd or the Jonsered in 1955 as 3rd[Nowegian Comet built the semi diesel in 1949 then sold to Jonsered in 1954/55]. It looks to me the 1950 Stihl BL was copied from the Jo-Bu Senior!! Check out Acres specs [125cc, 35-38 lbs]
Norway's Jo-Bu built and sold the first one man saw,1948. Also check out on Acres site on the Jo-Bu Junior sold in 1952. At 23 lbs., 76 cc and 40,000 of those were sold.
Good info there Home!
I never heard of that saw you made mention of.
Woodie beats me up alright but not how you think and no I'm not pimping him out to you, he's all mine,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
You may be right. Right now 69% of all Stihl made is made in the USA at Va Beach. The other 31% is built elsewhere around the world, mainly Germany.
They are still expanding at the Va Beach complex and they are still hiring there, still running 24/7. That in itself shines compared to other companies failing bigtime all over the world. I don't see them leaving Va Beach anytime soon. The Chinese may well be more growth and not a way to build things at lower cost. Thats a huge market in China, billions of people. I hope they cater to them with that stuff made there and not here. When they start downsizing in Va Beach instead of expanding there I'll beleive it, till then I'm not to concerned about it...
They manufacture Elvis CDs in China.
They manufacture Brylcream in China.
They roast and grind Folgers in China.
Hello Tom. I thought I'd get a response to this. There are good pictures on Mike Acres site on the Jo-Bu Junior and Senior. I have the book I bought from Baileys "Chainsaws A History". A Canadian David Lee wrote it with help from Mike Acres. The Norwegian Comet company was interesting, thats where Swedish Jonsered got their start building saws after they bought out Comet. The 1949 Comet diesel was only 19 lbs , it ran in any position and after being dunked in a barrel of water it could still be started , something the gas powered electric ignition saw couldn't do.
Norwegian company Jo-Bu sold saws in the US starting in 1967. In 1978 Electrolux bought them out along with Husky, Jonsered and Partner. The last Jo-Bu sold was the model 949 in 1982 which Jonsered later rebadged as a Jonsered 490. The Jo-Bu plant in Drobak,Norway today still makes guide bars and other parts for Jonsered and Husqvarna.
Hmmm.........I'm wondering what the odds are of Stihl's dad being a trucker in 1896. Robb
That is true, but they sold saws in Canada before 1967, I believe - the Tiger.
Separate names with a comma.