The Genius of Stihl, an Amazing Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL......You're making Mr. Stihl real proud!

Don't know bout all that but I'll tell ya this, no matter how much these cats come and play around and tease and torment the story will be told. Maybe after its all said and done I'll get the mods to delete all the posts cept for the story itself and then all the readers can sit back and read it without all the non-sense. See Dennis I'm ahead of the game, relax ole feller, were not gonna disrepect the man, you'll see.

Now now, lets not misquote the facts. Stihl and Hohl shut down making foreharths, not chainsaws. As for stealing idea's the biggest theft occured in 1959, guess who?,LOL

Wait a minute, what the hell am I doing talking Husky with you in the Stihl thread, start that Husky thread you ornery cuss. I wanna come visit and read and learn like Woodie does overhere,LOL

Looks like this is where we sit the winter out at. ole buddy
now I think you ment "Forehearths" if so what type ?

Hint: it has to do with glass

Last edited:

Yup, your correct, I "meant" that. Dayumm two errors in a row, grrrrr.

Welp I just looked and it doesn't say anything about glass at all. There's a paragraph that descibes how it works, something about two separate heating chambers tranferring heat to water.

Welp I just looked and it doesn't say anything about glass at all. There's a paragraph that descibes how it works, something about two separate heating chambers tranferring heat to water.

That would be your second hint.

I'd tell ya but your telling the story

LOLOL, hey Spike, whatcha think. I only got 296 pages to go man, should be a doosey with all the fun going on with it...

I'll say.
Lets see I only have 296 more years to go. LOL

actually 1989 was Husqvarna's 300th anniversary

Last edited:
That would be your second hint.

I'd tell ya but your telling the story

Well it has a picture of it here and it looks like a big metal stand up tank with a door in the front. Book only has a paragraph on it and a picture. He wasn't long into these things for the chainsaw is right around the corner.

I'll say.
Lets see I only have 296 more years to go. LOL

Well it might be a long winter so don't complain. I also got another typer coming in thats gonna speed up the process so relax, it isn't gonna take that long, should be done by summer for sure.....

Well it might be a long winter so don't complain. I also got another typer coming in thats gonna speed up the process so relax, it isn't gonna take that long, should be done by summer for sure.....

Juuuuuuuuust skip to the page where it says "Stihl got passed by Husqvarna in sales, quality, and smooooooothness."

Then again, if you're only on page four, that's just two pages away... :buttkick:

Juuuuuuuuust skip to the page where it says "Stihl got passed by Husqvarna in sales, quality, and smooooooothness."

Then again, if you're only on page four, that's just two pages away... :buttkick:

Aww that be no fun, lets jump to 1971 instead, Stihl became No. 1 and have yet to be challenged since. Don't you worry Woodie when I get to that I'll print it in bold just for you, you J-red lovin man you,hehe

Aww that be no fun, lets jump to 1971 instead, Stihl became No. 1 and have yet to be challenged since. Don't you worry Woodie when I get to that I'll print it in bold just for you, you J-red lovin man you,hehe

No wonder you can't find that book over here...it's so dang old it's out of print!!!

No wonder you can't find that book over here...it's so dang old it's out of print!!!

Actually printed in 2006, most recent wouldn't you say ole chap. I don't think its sold overhere at all that I know of. Space checked and couldn't find anything on it. I do know alot of dealers have this book, a whole lot of them.

Hoss -

Are there any coffee shops close to tommy that will deliver? Maybe one of us can order him some so he can tic tack all night. We may need to order some elvis tunes too. Please no Demi movies or we'll never hear more of the story ;).

Dunkin donuts and starbucks just a few blocks down the road.:greenchainsaw:

Back