The Hipster Logger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VFRuMA4YCEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This cracks me up and also makes me want to go to NYC and slapping someone.

Sheesh Lee, it ain't that bad. LOL

As far as slapping someone, NYC might be the perfect place, they were just voted the rudest place in America! :laugh:

I hope Ax Boy and his company do well, and that their product is really as good as they say. We need more innovators and manufacturers in the USA.

Sheesh Lee, it ain't that bad. LOL

As far as slapping someone, NYC might be the perfect place, they were just voted the rudest place in America! :laugh:

I hope Ax Boy and his company do well, and that their product is really as good as they say. We need more innovators and manufacturers in the USA.

300 bucks for stencilled pine handle.
"Compassion" "Fortitude" "Sam McGee" what BS.

Give me Collins, Scovill. Now your talking well made.

Hmmmm....

Artsy Nancy Boy Canuck, got kicked off the family farm and went to NYC to be with his kind, and now has an industrial art studio where he is "Making" axes....cuz' he can't sell his "Sculptures" made from Cat Litter, lint, and old socks.

I wish him well. Nuttier success storys are out there, and he might just do something proper in the process.
If nothing else, making axes as an art form will drive the NYC Ecofascist elite to the vapors, and that is always a good thing.

Guaranteed some artsy hipster moron will buy one of his axes, drink too much imported beer one night, and take out a neighbors tree in the name of "Art". Hillarity will ensue.:yoyo:

I just wonder how long it will be untill the NYC reactionary idiots declare his Art studio a weapons factory or some such.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thinking we outta get a demo unit of the "Compassion" model for Jake and Metals to try out on that OG Spruce then send it on to the LeftCoast for some Redwood action.
Upload that stuff to youtube and sit back for some good laughs over the teeth nashing that would follow. :laugh:

Thinking we outta get a demo unit of the "Compassion" model for Jake and Metals to try out on that OG Spruce then send it on to the LeftCoast for some Redwood action.
Upload that stuff to youtube and sit back for some good laughs over the teeth nashing that would follow. :laugh:

Oh I'll show it some compassion alright, one swing at a time :D

Artsy fartsy Hipster or not, at least SOMEONE is tring to make SOMETHING here.

Artsy fartsy Hipster or not, at least SOMEONE is tring to make SOMETHING here.

He's not "making" anything. He buys axes from Council tool and paints the handle. Compare his axes to Council's Velvicut line, they are identical. The only difference is the "Council" stamp on the head is replaced with "BMC". From that way he talks you would think he is forging those things in the back room and custom carving each handle.

Last edited:
He's not "making" anything. He buys axes from Council tool and paints the handle. Compare his axes to Council's Velvicut line, they are identical. The only difference is the "Council" stamp on the head is replaced with "BMC". From that way he talks you would think he is forging those things in the back room and custom carving each handle.

Sorry was unaware of this!
There is enough copy cats, low ballers, ect.
I'm still all for someone tring to start there own Biz. here in the US, as long as its legit.

DOH! You're right, I was ass-uming he was making his own.

Looks like he might have been in the beginning? The website says he partnered up with a company in 2010 (probably Council).

Anyway, good for the guy if he can foo-foo an ax and get folks that can afford them to buy them.

American entrepreneurial spirit at work.

#1 Find a market.
#2 Fill said market

If there isn't a customer base out there, he won't succeed. . . The laws of supply and demand apply here, even if he is a metrosexual, hipster numbnut.

Designer axes...the latest fashion accessory?

Well, if people start carrying axes it might cut down (no pun intended) on muggings. Might get a little ugly during commute hours though....all those New Yorkers fighting for subway seats and now they'll have weapons.

Well, if people start carrying axes it might cut down (no pun intended) on muggings. Might get a little ugly during commute hours though....all those New Yorkers fighting for subway seats and now they'll have weapons.

I like it:rock:
let the wild animals sort each other out

Back