The Homie XL-101 types: A Tinkers Guide.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Homelite have a way to lock the crank to help remove the flywheel nut and or the clutch?

I have yet to see a chainsaw with that feature but confess I have not worked on your particular model needing to remove the flywheel. I pick a bolstered fin area and insert a flat bar that fits nicely between the fins and contacts the coil laminate frame solidly, have yet to break a fin off. There is usually a heavy/thick area at the spot the magnets are embedded.

Sears Craftsman:
194761da0a4d58096208b46b5abe2948.jpg

Daughter gave them to me for Christmas.

IDK what they are called. Stud extractor?

Saved my neighbor’s bacon twice and mine once.

20190625_174140_Film4.jpg 1561503111136902815149.jpg
I got it off with a piece of metal between the fins and a medium pair of channel locks. It has only 3 screws holding the plate i haven't checked them for tightness yet but as you can see it looks like the heavy handed honcho left his mark on 1 of the screws like the flywheel nut.

I'm glad this one got bumped. Are the muffler bolts a standard screw? More important, what is the screw size? My new 101 is missing one of the screws. I figure to replace it. Install it with blue locktite. Never start the saw on concrete. Any thoughts? Thanks

I'm glad this one got bumped. Are the muffler bolts a standard screw? More important, what is the screw size? My new 101 is missing one of the screws. I figure to replace it. Install it with blue locktite. Never start the saw on concrete. Any thoughts? Thanks
Also, where can I get the replacement? Thanks again.

Thanks. I believe it's aluminum because there's no magnetism. The 2 bolts is all. I tried the hardware store but maybe not a 12 24. I'll go back and check. Looking forward to getting this saw complete I'll add a pic.

Back