The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Hogden

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well this is a post just to let people know about a regular occurrence with Huztl, that is SO common it COULD be called a scam.
OK, here goes,
# You order the kit. Because it seems so cheap its hard to resist.
# There is nearly always parts missing. But its hard to know because the kit does NOT come with instructions or a parts check list. Usually very small and cheap items are missing.
# So you contact them and they say "Sorry, but dont worry".
Then they ask you to "Place Another Order" and they will put the missing items in with the new order. (I did this).
You receive the parts. So you start to build the saw, only to find that there is still parts missing. You contact them and they say "Place another order" lol. I didnt do that this time.
ALL COMMUNICATION STOPS!
# Additional info,
When you email them about yojr concerns with the deep pitting in their cylinder platting, you are asked to send pics (did this).
Then you get,
"Dont worry, our technician has examined your pictures and we assure you that everything will work fine". Even though its the roughest piece of sh;t you have ever seen in your whole time as a 2 stroke mechanic.
You ask for a new cylinder and they resist to the point of argument.
Have i missed anything?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pitting in cylinder plating is obviously acceptable quality for these cheap kits. The technician said it will work fine......but they don’t tell you for how long.

You get what you pay for. Now or later.

It doesn’t take a genius to be leery of these kits when people are saying to put a Meteor P&C, OEM seals and bearings, OEM oiler, etc. makes me think the whole saw should be OEM.

Apparently a few folks here have had good luck with them but I’m not sure if they built a saw and used it professionally or are mostly using a 660 clone as a homeowner saw

I’ve had two complete kits with no issues. Both came from HL supply, I’m gonna guess they put a little more effort into those kits. All the plastic has “cross performance” all over it. I also upgraded to cross performance jugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A curious thing is...you can buy most every part to build a saw on ebay from huztl. But not a "complete (mostly) saw in a box" - that's only from huztl.net. Is there some legal reason for that or is it they don't like an arbitrator (and feedback system) they can't control?

I had once considered buying one of the kits but since reading different posts about missing parts and customer service I think I'll pass. I have enough trouble with locals around here that don't know you have to mix the oil with the gas...
Good idea. Buy a used OEM and strip her down

A curious thing is...you can buy most every part to build a saw on ebay from huztl. But not a "complete (mostly) saw in a box" - that's only from huztl.net. Is there some legal reason for that or is it they don't like an arbitrator (and feedback system) they can't control?
Exactly!
Imagine the feedback they would get if they sold complete kits lol

I think you guessed it...ebay always sides in with the buyer on a dispute, even if the buyer is Al Capone...

Good idea. Buy a used OEM and strip her down

That's exactly what I've been doing. Got a friend from another town that used to get all the Stihl carcasses I wanted and I rebuilt them. I got a couple of real nice 361s from him and a bunch of 029,290s..

Noticed on their site all reviews are 5 stars and perfectly rosey for the kits.

I’ve had two complete kits with no issues. Both came from HL supply, I’m gonna guess they put a little more effort into those kits. All the plastic has “cross performance” all over it. I also upgraded to cross performance jugs.
Cross makes good AM stuff, imo.
Heck, even their air filters seem to actually work.

Latest posts

Back