The Kuliens (boots) Are Here! Or, Smurfed Again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They're here. I put them on in the store and immediately went Oooooooh! They feel light and like part of my feet. I said I felt like I would be able to keep up with the hooktenders....but the bootmakers are realists and said, no, they did not agree with the latter.

Here they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

what kind of calks do they have, are they unique or standard? if you don't mind me asking what did they cost? im looking at getting a pair of calks and have been considering wesco's, whites or just getting some from baileys...but ive never seen any of these before(although ive heard of them)

I've had both of those brands. The Whites I liked except they couldn't handle the rain over here. But that was 20 years ago and maybe they changed their leather.

Let's just say I could buy a nice computer for what they cost. I made 2 payments. To me, it is worth it to have good boots. I can't find much off the shelf anyway. Too weird of feet. They even fit them so my bumpy toe is taken care of.

The calks are the regular kind. They wanted me to get the permanent ones but I like to be able to change them myself. Permanent ones will last longer though. These are the 12 inch tops and almost come up to my knees.

Lots of caulks on them boots. Way more than on my Vibergs. I don't know if thats a good thing or not, from a sticking into the wood point of view. But they must last longer walking road and stuff.

Wow, those are some good looking boots! Your brush-wheels have been upgraded to NASCAR status!

Now put them on and click your heels together three times and say "There's no place like the forest. There's no place like the forest." :laugh:

They feel fast and light and will tempt me to violate my NO JUMPING rule!
If I had them decorated with flames, they'd be even faster!:)

That would be PINK flames, right?

Have to agree with the being able to change your own caulks when needed.

I do hope that you will be flashing some bright laces also!

Super Swell boots you got there.

I greased them. They have darkened. They are inhaling grease. Oh, I'm using the Obenaufs or whatever it is. It isn't as good on hands as the other kind I like. I can't remember where I put it!:dizzy:

I greased them. They have darkened. They are inhaling grease. Oh, I'm using the Obenaufs or whatever it is. It isn't as good on hands as the other kind I like. I can't remember where I put it!:dizzy:

Slowp, you should try Skidmore's... It's good stuff.

how long do calks usually last you? how long did the whites and wesco's last? boots have been lasting me 6-9 months a pair at around $125+. i didn't know if whites or wesco's would last any longer

how long do calks usually last you? how long did the whites and wesco's last? boots have been lasting me 6-9 months a pair at around $125+. i didn't know if whites or wesco's would last any longer

Wow, you need some Vibergs, they last for years. My ones I have had for about three years, changed the caulks many times, climbed in them for a year, bucked with them, ran around doing treework when it was unsafe to wear my linesman Vibergs. They still look great, havn't had a thing done to them, just used Loggers Oil on them.

I use obendorfs or however you spell it.

none of these boots are calks, all regular soles.

redwings lasted me 6 months

carolina's lasted me 6 months

ive got a pair of insulated carolinas that are doing pretty good

i blow the side out of them.

Back