The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not , within the last year I was able to order 900 mounts from the dealer still. Just so you know.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I actually haven't started looking for parts for it yet.

I'm in. I got some old heavy noisy saws.:msp_thumbup:

Expect sizable deductions.

Looks like we will be moving sometime in the next year, so as I dig through stuff, I'll be posting a bunch of cra...stuff

Expect sizable deductions.

Looks like we will be moving sometime in the next year, so as I dig through stuff, I'll be posting a bunch of cra...stuff

I can think of somebody really eccentric with a nice new pickup that'd help you move.........................AND also help you get rid of a good chunk of that cra...stuff.:D

I can think of somebody really eccentric with a nice new pickup that'd help you move.........................AND also help you get rid of a good chunk of that cra...stuff.:D

I can think of a certain monkey who could really use a few saws in that pile of cra...stuff...

:D

Haha, i understand. i was just wanting to get into the 60cc+ range, and it looked like a good deal, ive done a little digging and they seem like good strong saws at 80cc (i think). Ive only got three saws, and theyre all running now....which you think would make me happy, but strangely it just makes me want more! i guess thats how CAD works. i guess we will see who gets it. If your heart is set on it, by all means, but i really wouldnt mind it either. i guess were in a little bit of a pickle.

Just came in from the garage after tearing into the C-7 and here's what I found:

1. Suprisingly good compression at 150psi
View attachment 222019View attachment 222020

2. Needs new air filter.
View attachment 222022

3. Piston & Cylinder look to be in good condition, no scratches. These 2 videos I shot are not of the best quality, sorry. It's too hard to hold the bore scope and camera at the same time. Too much glare from the background.
View attachment 222024

PM me and I'll see if I can send the videos since I can't seem to upload them here.

A couple more C-7 pics:

Carb looks to be in good shape.
View attachment 222025View attachment 222026

.404 spur sprocket in fair condition

View attachment 222027

Gonna go see what's on TV now, is there any football on today? :laugh:

Dammit. That saw looks promissing. The important stuff seems to be A-OK. I want it, but wouldn't be able to get to it for a good while. Mark (AU_K2500) is in much more dire need of some old Homelite magnesium than I am (I'm covered in that department for a WHILE). Hook him up with it before I loose control of myself and once again give in to CAD.. Aside from the fuel tank, I believe I can help him with whatever parts he needs (flywheel cover, lower handle brace) for that saw. They'd be blue (from a C-5), but who cares. Now if he passes on it..........................then I DO want to be next in line!

Dammit. That saw looks promissing. The important stuff seems to be A-OK. I want it, but wouldn't be able to get to it for a good while. Mark (AU_K2500) is in much more dire need of some old Homelite magnesium than I am (I'm covered in that department for a WHILE). Hook him up with it before I loose control of myself and once again give in to CAD.. Aside from the fuel tank, I believe I can help him with whatever parts he needs (flywheel cover, lower handle brace) for that saw. They'd be blue (from a C-5), but who cares. Now if he passes on it..........................then I DO want to be next in line!

I think ill take him up on the offer if it comes around, and will deffinetly make it worth your while for whatever parts you may have and i may need!
its kind of sad how bad the cad is....i dont even know if im getting the saw, and ive already been looking up parts and searching for info on them...pathetic! lol

I think ill take him up on the offer if it comes around, and will deffinetly make it worth your while for whatever parts you may have and i may need!
its kind of sad how bad the cad is....i dont even know if im getting the saw, and ive already been looking up parts and searching for info on them...pathetic! lol

I have a few parts. But I'm way overpriced, as you recall from our last transactions.

Yeah, after checking the thing over I thought maybe I should keep it after all. But he needs it worse than me, I've got enough projects right now. If Mark backs out, you're next in line. I'm still interested in getting some parts and bars from you though.
I'll weigh the saw tomorrow and let ya'll know what S&H will cost, that could change his mine. Those C-7s were heavy.

Yeah, after checking the thing over I thought maybe I should keep it after all. But he needs it worse than me, I've got enough projects right now. If Mark backs out, you're next in line. I'm still interested in getting some parts and bars from you though.
I'll weigh the saw tomorrow and let ya'll know what S&H will cost, that could change his mine. Those C-7s were heavy.

would that bar come with it? how long was it?

get lost

failed.jpg

no its ok, in the 70's West Germay was actually part of North America...up around Alaska i think. then those tectonic plates started to shift, and well the rest is history.

would that bar come with it? how long was it?

I will weight it with & without the bar and let you decide, 20" I believe. Solid nose, kinda rusty but not in bad shape, not seen much use.

It's yours if you want it. I'll send S&H cost tomorrow.

Back