The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm3grin2orange:
I hope I pissed ya off!

Didnt Carl say anything old and made out of Mag?

Now I can really piss ya off and say I need a top cover for an 066!

Made from 67-77
This saw I have is the better part of 40 years old!
5 years difference to your 790 McCulloch

*Pokes bear*

Keep it up kid and your presence will be as unwanted as a baked bean fart.

Probably $40 or so to ship. Glad to see we're helping spread the oOd Homelite Magnesium bug (AKA Scarlet Fever) around.

Yep. I'd have said a cabage fart. Those damn 041's are the most overrated saw ever. Nothing but a ####ed up teutonic imitation of an XL12 with a few more cc. They shake apart, and are WAY too complicated. Wonderboy you're on toilet cleaning and ashtray detail. Let the Shop Monkey make the parts and food runs for a spell.

That's twice......................................................................

These danged young kids don't have any concept of geography. He's been all over the US ( I have pics to prove it) and he don't understand what North America is, can't seem to find a way to read the name of the thread. Must be that little tool called "GPS" it tells you when to turn and everything.

That GPS ain't the only "little tool" in the truck.

Chris

Back to North American Old Magnesium.

Remington SL-4 parts needed.

Handle/carb box
Handle brace
Recoil spring

PL-4 parts needed

Recoil spring and starter dog with misc. small bits
Rt. side crankcase cover.
Clutch cover.

An SL-4 parts saw would cover all the above needs.

Have lots of misc. XL-100 type bits and an XL-12 parts saw (complete!). Also some nice Walbro SDC-12's. See page 1 for pics.

Holy smoke, we are on page seven already!

Last edited:
Any interest in a C72 that's real clean and runs as it should?

Was used by a little ol' lady to cut wood for sunday school..... :msp_smile:

i'll play . looking for a coil for a super 1130g homie. or are there ones that interchange from other models. thanks.

These danged young kids don't have any concept of geography. He's been all over the US ( I have pics to prove it) and he don't understand what North America is, can't seem to find a way to read the name of the thread. Must be that little tool called "GPS" it tells you when to turn and everything.

That GPS ain't the only "little tool" in the truck.

Chris
Your suppose to be on my side fool! No 550 for you!! :hmm3grin2orange:
My bad either way, misunderstanding. From what I understood "Big, old and mag" was acceptable.
Shouldn't of been ridiculed as I was... when someone pushes my buttons im gonna push back, just 10 times harder.

P.S Im not going to be the last one to make the mistake of posting for Stihl parts on here.

Man, i should have stayed up a little later last night, looks like things really got heated around here!
:laugh:

Last edited:
Looking for a chainbrake handle for a Stihl 084. I modded my muffler and the pipe was angled a bit too much towards the chainbrake. Muffler outlet fixed, now I need a new chainbrake handle. Can't get it from the dealer, and this saw needs a chainbrake.

Yup. I was a bit to hasty and waited to braze the outlet--I wanted to use it then instead of waiting. Not smart.
lol.... it has nothing to do with brazing the outlet....... Problem is that Stihl saws come from Germany.

North American Old Magnesium saws include:

McCulloch
Homelite
Remington
Mall
Old Poulan
Pioneer
Clinton
Strunk
Lancaster
Lombard
and any other old saw made in the USA or Canada.

for Stihl, Solo, Husqvarna, Jonsered, etc, use the other swap meet thread.......

Yeah, I mistakenly asked asked a few questions related to older Echos thinking because they were mag cased and they made saws for John Deere, they should qualify. How much more American can you get than John Deere? :biggrin:

Yeah, I mistakenly asked asked a few questions related to older Echos thinking because they were mag cased and they made saws for John Deere, they should qualify. How much more American can you get than John Deere? :biggrin:

Echo fails.....

Actually most Deere equipment is made in the far east now, so you can actually get a lot more American than that.

And...... Deere dealers now sell Stihl chainsaws............

Echo fails.....

Actually most Deere equipment is made in the far east now, so you can actually get a lot more American than that.

And...... Deere dealers now sell Stihl chainsaws............

I'm talking the old Deere. (70V, 51SV, 55V, etc.) Mag cased and all. Not the new crap.
But yes, you are correct.

Back