The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pair of bar plates for a Poulan 3700??

We got stuff and long green.
They're not too hard to Fab out of stainless. I made the one on the right for my 3400. The inner is still available for the 3400. I think they're the same as 3700.

Attachments

• IMG_20160421_075236.jpg
    IMG_20160421_075236.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 47
Remington Logmaster bits needed. Clutch retaining nut. Possibly 9/16" fine LH thread.
d9012ca7f78a52ecb264369c653e48b7.jpg

And, the tin cover for the points.

We have all sorts of stuff to trade or green gubment stamps.

id be tempted to try redkote or somethin like that on em first. bolts/screws shouldn't be too hard to find or make. if ya got measurements, I got parts saws I can rob.
be a bit of a job doin that [weldin] properly.

Digging into this saw further, I'm amazed at the amount of saw cake that was Under the oil pump cover. Have to wonder about the design. I don't think the oil leak was from the crack as it's on the fuel side of the case. Bolt looks to be about 2 to 2 1/2 inches and I would guess the same size as the other bolts that hold the case together. So with the bolt and a new decomp or plug I might be nearly good to go. Wow how do you get the carb rods, throttle and choke, off easily? I ended up taking the handle apart.
Thanks for your help

Lee

There's a good chance it's a 10-24 bolt. It looks like a blind hole. Maybe the PO put a bolt too long in there and cracked the case. You should be able to find a 10-24 bolt that length or longer and cut it down. The thread count and bolt size should be the same as the other case bolts.

Stick a wire or a smaller drill bit in the hole and get a proper measurement

Hello, I'm looking for a crankshaft for a McCulloch Super 250, 300, 380, or 440. It must be tapered with a keyway on the clutch side, not the thread on clutch style. Thank you

The china clone of the Stihl 070/090 carb is cheap on evilbay and with some work (swap throttle & choke shafts) can be made to work.

I've got one of them with the shafts swapped over in my Mac Super 44A and another one coming for the 790 I picked up recently. They need the 'low profile' fuel pump/filter/inlet section on the bottom of the carb in order to fit the air box on a lot of saws fyi.

Back