the man caves (or sheds)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to, ive got 2 dealers near me, a stihl dealer in moulton and a husky dealer in ely

Buy em a coke or coffee. Get in tight with them and saws will come your way, trust me. I've given away so many I can't keep count.

Here's a 084 left behind that I put back together today. I think its in pretty good shape, too nice to pitch in my opinion. Beside it is a freebie 064 I'm gonna toss back together next.

attachment.php

Buy em a coke or coffee. Get in tight with them and saws will come your way, trust me. I've given away so many I can't keep count.

Here's a 084 left behind that I put back together today. I think its in pretty good shape, too nice to pitch in my opinion. Beside it is a freebie 064 I'm gonna toss back together next.

attachment.php

whats the hardest thing to fix on a saw if you dont have a parts network handy?

any amount of saws greater than one makes me jealous, i have 1, and it dosnt even work at the moment

Well to be honest 1 is all most need for most of their saw work. I can assure you there are way more people in the world that own just one than there are those that own 2.

Saws are a neat hobby though.

and thats the handle assembly of a 009av? on the left of the pic?

No, thats a complete saw, another freebie. Needed a flywheel, owner said keep it, I put a flywheel on it. 020T sitting there in the corner. I bought that one new, been used maybe twice. You can waste alot of money fooling with saws...

No, thats a complete saw, another freebie. Needed a flywheel, owner said keep it, I put a flywheel on it. 020T sitting there in the corner. I bought that one new, been used maybe twice. You can waste alot of money fooling with saws...

i bet you can, im no mechanic but i love working on engines, im learning because of this site

whats the hardest thing to fix on a saw if you dont have a parts network handy?

Well some aren't worth fixing period. I don't waste alot of time and money on old raggy saws. Its got to be in pretty good shape to start with before I'll go into it.

Saws with busted crank housings I pitch, just not worth the cost and work to do them even if you getem for free.

I prefer Stihl because parts are easy for me to get, very easy, Blood knows why,LOL

Well some aren't worth fixing period. I don't waste alot of time and money on old raggy saws. Its got to be in pretty good shape to start with before I'll go into it.

Saws with busted crank housings I pitch, just not worth the cost and work to do them even if you getem for free.

I prefer Stihl because parts are easy for me to get, very easy, Blood knows why,LOL

you go on raids or they fell off the back of a lorry, the saw i got for free is in good cosmetic nick, inside the clutch cover needed a clean and it needs a magneto and ht lead

you go on raids or they fell off the back of a lorry, the saw i got for free is in good cosmetic nick, inside the clutch cover needed a clean and it needs a magneto and ht lead

No, I work in Stihl, I just pick up the phone and order what I need. There's a limit to how much money I'll put in a old saw. That 084 cost me quite abit. New cylinder and piston, gaskets, new pull rope assembly, new handle and several other small things. I use new OEM parts only, no aftermarket.

That saw has been my most expensive rebuild to date but it was in good shape to start with. Had the housing been all banged up, plastic all broken up I wouldn't have fooled with it.

I can get my money back on it easily now and still put a few hundred in my pocket to boot if I wanted to. Its the only 084 I got so I'll probably keep it.

No, I work in Stihl, I just pick up the phone and order what I need. There's a limit to how much money I'll put in a old saw. That 084 cost me quite abit. New cylinder and piston, gaskets, new pull rope assembly, new handle and several other small things. I use new OEM parts only, no aftermarket.

That saw has been my most expensive rebuild to date but it was in good shape to start with. Had the housing been all banged up, plastic all broken up I wouldn't have fooled with it.

I can get my money back on it easily now and still put a few hundred in my pocket to boot if I wanted to. Its the only 084 I got so I'll probably keep it.

if its cracked will you raid it for spares and ditch the crap, and can you tell me what OEM is?

tom, i need some 064 parts, an 028wb ignition keyway is inline with the bosch mark, se if ya got any 066 clutches layin around cuz you can hear mine hammerin 100 yards away! if ya got parts saws let me know i need em:bowdown: i really really want an 084, i need some more 066 carcasses. see what you can do tommie and yeda i know i gotsa pay lol

tom, i need some 064 parts, an 028wb ignition keyway is inline with the bosch mark, se if ya got any 066 clutches layin around cuz you can hear mine hammerin 100 yards away! if ya got parts saws let me know i need em:bowdown: i really really want an 084, i need some more 066 carcasses. see what you can do tommie and yeda i know i gotsa pay lol

:arg: hijacked!
come on lets see youre man cave

if its cracked will you raid it for spares and ditch the crap, and can you tell me what OEM is?

Broken up, raidem, no, I givem away. I don't fool with junk pile saws at all. If it isn't worth putting back together I find it a new home or pitch it. Remember they just saws, no biggie...

I thought you like those Dollywood saws (Dolmars),LOLOLOL

Broken up, raidem, no, I givem away. I don't fool with junk pile saws at all. If it isn't worth putting back together I find it a new home or pitch it. Remember they just saws, no biggie...

cor, id set up an ebay account, set up a shop, any messed up saw thats not worth fixing, part it out and sell her on the bay!

Back