the man caves (or sheds)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shed is packed so I do Alot of wrork on a bench outside infront.
There is a tin roof over my bench and two side walls put one side is
wide open.

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop4.jpg

shop5.jpg

shop6.jpg

shop9.jpg

Yeah, I would'nt mind knowing what make of tires ya got there on ya bike? I'm looking for a pair for mine, can you tell me the manufacturer's name?:cheers:

If your talkign about my bike, The rear tires are Dunlops, I like them, they're a good all around tire don't rip the grass up to much when I'm working around the house but have enough traction out on the trail.. That being said they are not a Mud tire, But they are alot cheaper then those aggressive mud tires too.

I've got the shed, problem is trying to keep up with the mortgage has put a serious crimp on my "toy collecting".# But if anyone wants some of their prize possesions to have a nice dry home I think we can find a spot!

Last edited:
Shipping would be more than the saw,LOL

If your really into saws all you have to do is get in good with a saw dealer. Many many saws get left behind. Some shops get so full of old left behind saw they toss them in the dumpster..

I've been a regular fixture at my Stihl dealer,and get the "good friend/customer vibe" from them, however they steadfastly refuse to pass on any of those dumpster or saws that customer doesn't want back.
Where exactly are you Tommy and I'll bring coffee and dougnuts in exchange for some rejects :dizzy: And I would even take a peak in your dumpster (if you'd let me).
Oh yeah...the shipping up here to me wouldn't cost more than the saws worth,if that would work for ya !

Steve

I've got the shed, problem is trying to keep up with the mortgage has put a serious crimp on my "toy collecting".# But if anyone wants some of their prize possesions to have a nice dry home I think we can find a spot!

I hate you!!

Nice "Shed" is it insulated? Steel contruction? I'm slowly getting ready to build a shop in the next 2-3 years and I'm playign with the idea of an all steel construction instead of wood.. I'm looking at something around 30'x40'

I hate you!!

Nice "Shed" is it insulated? Steel contruction? I'm slowly getting ready to build a shop in the next 2-3 years and I'm playign with the idea of an all steel construction instead of wood.. I'm looking at something around 30'x40'

Down here,a feller can get a 30 x 40 in red iron ERECTED for about nine grand.They'll throw that sucker up in three days too......:popcorn:

Down here,a feller can get a 30 x 40 in red iron ERECTED for about nine grand.They'll throw that sucker up in three days too......:popcorn:

.. that just breaks my heart.. I'm lookign at 20-25K for a wooden structure 2x6 walls and 10 ceilings with no insulation,, this also include the slab

No Insulation, That will come down the road when I finish paying the Bank to maintain their property.#The old smoke dragon keeps it nice in the shoulder season, worthless below 30*.I have 200 amp service, water and even sewage.#The plan is to someday make a 24x 28 insulated shop area with a mezz for storage.#But having it all wide open is very nice.

attachment.php

2276965630104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No Insulation, That will come down the road when I finish paying the Bank to maintain their property.#The old smoke dragon keeps it nice in the shoulder season, worthless below 30*.I have 200 amp service, water and even sewage.#The plan is to someday make a 24x 28 insulated shop area with a mezz for storage.#But having it all wide open is very nice.

attachment.php

2276965630104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wood truss framed,eh?Nice space,always look better to me before they get all closed in.:cheers:

About what, its just a long running hobby. Hell anyone thats been tinkering with saws as long as I have usually has more than me. I'm fairly positive I've given away more saws than what you see in that pic, they just saws, no biggie..

Then you would'nt mind making a charitable donation! Oh by the way you get the "You suck award" NICE STABLE THERE!

Thats a good price! I work for a major steel building manufacturer, we build alot of the building for alot of the ones you see advertised in magazines, they just put their name on it and sell it. Who is manufacturer of the pre-fab bldg.? You have to be careful with the steel bldgs. becasue you might think you are buying a bldg. for that but you have foundation to consider which a PE will have to design, plus all the concrete, insulation, your framed openings (if they include any). I know where I work the money is in the sheeting and trims... The frames are rather cheap compared to the components... I forget what they said before but the bldg. price is only like 15% of the total cost of the project once it is completed.

I would put a steel bldg. up because I can get one really cheap and I won't have to hire a contractor to build it. I think in the long run a steel bldg. is the way to go, and steel is cheap right now and the metal bldg. market is DOWN... alot of our competition has closed there doors, some permantly and some for the time being... I know we had a meeting and they told us we'll take on any project, it doesn't matter what it is, stuff we normally would snub our noses at we are doing... we are seeing a lot of high complexity work right now more than I have ever seen in the 12 years I've been there. So what I am saying is the manufactures are dropping there pants to get work right now to keep engineering and shop working bottom line..profit isn't all the important at the moment, market share is... so if you have been sitting on the fence you might want to get some prices, it might go down a bit more once winter hits but it is a buyers market in the metal bldg. marker:)

Latest posts

Back