The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, I just took a look at this thread. I peered into that stock carb and wondered what size it was. I tried to make some comparisons with a carb I have and using the mounting hole diameter and comparison with the picture on the screen - I estimated a carb venturi on the MS261 of only 12.5mm.

That can't be correct, what size is the stock carb?

Guys,

Here in Belgium the MS261 comes with a .325" chain. Is it the same in your country's?

And if so, do you guys change to 3/8" or better keep the .325"?

we don`t yet have in Romania the 261 in the shops but the 260 came with .325 RSC
peoples here are conservative and even the 362 is rarely on the shelf. the 361 still makes the demand and they say there is no reason or need for the 362

Guys,

Here in Belgium the MS261 comes with a .325" chain. Is it the same in your country's?

And if so, do you guys change to 3/8" or better keep the .325"?

I ordered my 261 with 3/8" chain because thats my personal preference. Just so happens it has enough torque and power to pull it well too :) .325" smoother but doesn't hold up as well as 3/8" in the dirty stuff.

My MS 261 20" came with .325. Most if not all the wood I'm cutting is clean.

Back