The MS280

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the 280 have noticeably more power than a 270? The website only lists 0.2hp - which I cannot see making a difference?

What about a muffler modded 270?

- Jason

My 270 has a mild muff mod. Nice little improvement. To me, the price increase of the 280 is not worth it. You are getting too close to the price of a ms260 and a ms361....

I have also been looking at this saw... I can't decide if it is a pro saw or not? It has a white handle which is associated with the pro models, but alot of members on here regard it as a more home owner/consumer saw.

I like the looks of it in the 2008 catalogue, can get one brand new for about £410... but is it better than the new 346XP? it is rated at around 54cc's iirc... would that be enough to give it the edge on a NE346xp?

Thanks guys, David.

I just dont like a long narrow saw body...

Why I wont buy a ms441 to replace my ms440...Just dont feel right in my hands..
Hope I dont upset anyone sayin that,,but to me feel has alot to me buyin a saw also...If it aint comfortable,,I'll pass,,but thats me,,and alot of us is diffrent,,and why they sell all diffrent makes....Still gotta get me a 460....

Mark, if i woulda known you were going to contaminate your collection with a husky I woulda passed up buying your 280. Hate to think my $$$ went towards on of those.

J/K, hope you're enjoying your saws, even they huskies. BTW, the 280 is still running strong. Lot more enjoyable with a shorter bar.

I like my 2005 MS 280 with the IEM system. Me and a friend were cutting last year with both my saws also hav a 026 and it used 3 tanks of fuel to the 280's one tank. Both cutting the same amount of time.

just wanted to chime in an update on ms280 IEM saw had mine for 7 years now and I love it runs a 20" bar with M/M now I just a home owner that heats with wood my only gripe is it takes 4 pulls too start only stihl ive had that takes more than three but it out runs husq 450 Xtorq ms260 pro pretty much any 50cc saw ive put it up to and yes I know its a 55cc and so it should lol

Back