The new 441 vs 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesquirrel

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Both powerheads weight the same. Why would I want the 441 with less horsepower at nearly the same $clams.

I've heard some undesirable feedback from a few locals who have the 441.

Just curious what other tree people think.

They are both fine saws.

In my neck of the woods, there is about $150 difference between the two, the 441 being cheaper.

In stock form, you will most likely not be able to tell the power difference between the two, until the bar's get longer, then the 460 will have an edge.

I have a 441 and the ####ing saw rips, my favorite saw out of my arsenal. I named it Dirty Harry. I thinks it's just as powerful the 460.

Ive ran both saws one after the other.....hands down the 460 crushes the 441 & with the longer bars put on its a no brainer....buy the 460!

BTW...I liked the 460 so much I bought two of em!

LXT.................

Man I'll tell you what I bought one two months ago and love the 441 , but clams wise theres some difference there and HP wise aswell but there nice with a 25" bar ...

Sounds like your mind is already made up.

They are both fine saws.

In my neck of the woods, there is about $150 difference between the two, the 441 being cheaper.

In stock form, you will most likely not be able to tell the power difference between the two, until the bar's get longer, then the 460 will have an edge.

do either of you two do treework for a living?

the answer is the 460 magnum. stud saw. i am climbing with a 3/4 wrap 25in bar 460 on the daily. i am really enjoying my time with that saw.

personally i would rather take a dump on the 441 than run it.

no your opinion does not count. not in the commercial tree care and climbing thread at the very least.

Have you even ran a 441? I bet you haven't. The OP asked an opinion on two saws, which I have put lots of time behind one, and have at least ran the other. Lighten up man....

Last edited:
do either of you two do treework for a living?

I do!!! and im saying the 441 with a 20" bar rocks in the tree so there! I can get through just about anything with that saw.

mutt. i do tree work for a living. a living. i run saws every single work day. not for fun or to cut cookies or for firewood. i run a saw to feed myself. i have indeed ran that 441. my opinion comes from years of hard earned saw experience, not weekend pudpulling by the firewood pile. the 460 is a no brainer if you compare the two.

now i am done being civil.

f uck off, you do not belong posting in this forum. you shouldn't even be reading it. go back to the off topic or the chainsaw section and beat your di ck over there.

LOL...what a nice guy. :monkey:

mutt. i do tree work for a living. a living. i run saws every single work day. not for fun or to cut cookies or for firewood. i run a saw to feed myself. i have indeed ran that 441. my opinion comes from years of hard earned saw experience, not weekend pudpulling by the firewood pile. the 460 is a no brainer if you compare the two.

now i am done being civil.
didn't you come on here crying a while back,and then tell us you were retiring. sounds like the only thing you need to feed yourself is a bar of soap. we cut and sell 250+ loads of firewood each year,for the last 30 years. you think that gives me any knowledge of a saw. all you do is post pics & vids on here of you and your monkies playing in the trees. big deal,you think your the only one here with any saw experience?? come on down,anyday you want,i'll put a mall in your hands and show you what work is. retire,go away and get a life! 441/25" will run w/a 460/25" all day long,it is a great saw!

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't you come on here crying a while back,and then tell us you were retiring. sounds like the only thing you need to feed yourself is a bar of soap. we cut and sell 250+ loads of firewood each year,for the last 30 years. you think that gives me any knowledge of a saw. all you do is post pics & vids on here of you and your monkies playing in the trees. big deal,you think your the only one here with any saw experience?? come on down,anyday you want,i'll put a mall in your hands and show you what work is. retire,go away and get a life! 441/25" will run w/a 460/25" all day long,it is a great saw!

great another retard with fingers to type with.

firewood cutting is a joke. and if you are using a mall to process 250+ loads of firewood then you are a joke.

stihl the queer you are a fool. comparing what i do and what you do are nothing alike. a fool you are. the wood i cut is in motion while the wood you cut is on the ground in a pile.

all i do is post vids and pictures of real time real world tree work. you stand there. you stand there and do nothing while i am in the tree making things happen or on the ground felling tree.

what you got is a log pile.

stupid fire wood guy thinks cause he cuts wood from a pile he knows a thing or two.

laughable.

great another retard with fingers to type with.

firewood cutting is a joke. and if you are using a mall to process 250+ loads of firewood then you are a joke.

stihl the queer you are a fool. comparing what i do and what you do are nothing alike. a fool you are. the wood i cut is in motion while the wood you cut is on the ground in a pile.

all i do is post vids and pictures of real time real world tree work. you stand there. you stand there and do nothing while i am in the tree making things happen or on the ground felling tree.

what you got is a log pile.

stupid fire wood guy thinks cause he cuts wood from a pile he knows a thing or two.

laughable.
hey uh,any one wanna let brain surgeon know how we get wood in a pile??? we fall trees,we cut trees.... i choose to split my wood w/a maul because i am not afraid to work. besides that it keeps me in good shape,so i can take loud mouth little punks like you,and tie their ears over their mouth so they are quiet....he he

I liked the 044/440 much better than the 441 personally. A little less HP than the 460 but I was willing to give that up for a pound or two weight difference in the tree. And yes, I did own a 441. Wasn't crazy about it. I am running an 044 now and that is one of my all time favorite saws. I have owned about 6 of them in the past. Plenty of ass on the ground and still lighter than the 460 in the tree. When my 044 craps the bed I plan on having it rebuilt. Barring that, it will be a 460 for me. Why would I go with a 441 with the same weight as a 460 but less HP. That is if I can still buy a 460. I'm snatching up a 660 this year as well before I can no longer do so.

Latest posts

Back