• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell The New Stuff! Oregon 72EXL072 3/8 .050 72DL Full Chisel $14 each

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few minutes today to noodle a few rounds of ash and white oak w/ the new EXL chain, I'm going to like it!!! Next Sat I will give it a better test on a bunch of cherry we have skidded out.

Finally got to try it on some cherry, really like it. Very smooth and fast. Cut a truck load and haven't had to adjust it yet. Noodled a bunch more so to cover the ground where I was splitting to avoid the mud. Wish I didn't have 10 new LGX chains or I would order some more.

I have 5 of the 73EXL072 available. $14 each + shipping paypal as friend.

Got to test out this “new stuff” chain over the weekend.

I like it!

Ran it on the Doc-ified 026 on a 20” bar. Cuts well, is pretty aggressive, cuts evenly and relatively smoothly. It is a bit grabby in a plunge/bore cut but had no issue with kickback. Blasted right through 18” pine like it wasn’t even there. Didn’t get to put it in much hardwood (largest was only about 6” diameter) but it blasted right through that as well.

After 2 full tanks of fuel I took a few minutes to look over the chain. It didn’t even need a touch up. Literally still looked as if I had just pulled it out of the box.

Compared to the LGX chain I prefer this new stuff.

Got to test out this “new stuff” chain over the weekend.

I like it!

Ran it on the Doc-ified 026 on a 20” bar. Cuts well, is pretty aggressive, cuts evenly and relatively smoothly. It is a bit grabby in a plunge/bore cut but had no issue with kickback. Blasted right through 18” pine like it wasn’t even there. Didn’t get to put it in much hardwood (largest was only about 6” diameter) but it blasted right through that as well.

After 2 full tanks of fuel I took a few minutes to look over the chain. It didn’t even need a touch up. Literally still looked as if I had just pulled it out of the box.

Compared to the LGX chain I prefer this new stuff.

That's good to hear and thanks for the review. Rumor has it EXL will replace LGX, we'll see.

That's good to hear and thanks for the review. Rumor has it EXL will replace LGX, we'll see.

I’m sold on it. Happily impressed with the use I have had thus far. I really do feel that it stays sharp longer than the LGX, it feels smoother and more even cutting as well.

Standby for another order, possibly in .325..........

Back