The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'll put this here.

With a little luck, and the mail lady not cashing my check.

By this time next week I'll have pictures of my new ho, shes only 23 so ya know its sorta legal, weighs 12 metric tons, really likes to get in there and dig for it...

Hitachi ex120, around 6-7000 hrs, needs track attention soon, but the boom is tight and the bucket isn't horribly sloppy, good strong motor, all the windows is in her, I think the heat and ac might even work... which is going to be hard to get used to. Currently set for Deere controls... which is horribly awkward... but easy to fix. The crazy thing is there is only a few small dents in the access doors, and most of the original paint on the counter weight is still there.

Comes with one largish dig bucket, its quick change, not sure if its wedge or pin grabber... didn't look to close at that, and a thumb...

Gonna need some name Idears, She's originally Japanese... but naturalized...

P.S. Sold Candie, she was a good hoe, but not up to what I needed out of her...

Next up is CDL, and a tandem Dump, and bigger equipment trailer... or not...
Mitsuki

oh my...

just spent more on one thing at one time than any thing else ever.... excluding a house....

my blood preasure is pretty high right now hands is shaking a bit...

she'll most likely be coming home thursday morning... or going to a job... not sure yet
What did you pickup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That hitachi ex120...

It will be home thursday morning so I can go through the filters and oil, fix the deere controls and reattach the thumb.

Maybe get lucky and find some sprockets for cheap and get that handled too before she moves on to the job.
How are the rails and rollers if the sprockets didn't get done with an undercarriage? Pilot control setup or fly by wire?

Fly by wire... I think... its a 93' Just not sure where the switch is if it has one, and the folks that had it didn't seem to know much about machines...

Not sure on the rails and rollers, probably need fixed.. but I can piece that together as time goes on, its currently crammed into a very tight parking spot, examining the tracks was not an easy task, and I was focused on getting it to start when I went and looked at it.

Really it looks like they never put any grease in the idler, or if they did it wasn't real often, tracks are slack but the idler is pushed nearly all the way in. Loose chains are nearly as bad as too tight, at least on motorcycles, so I would imagine the same to be true for tracks too.

Fly by wire... I think... its a 93' Just not sure where the switch is if it has one, and the folks that had it didn't seem to know much about machines...

Not sure on the rails and rollers, probably need fixed.. but I can piece that together as time goes on, its currently crammed into a very tight parking spot, examining the tracks was not an easy task, and I was focused on getting it to start when I went and looked at it.

Really it looks like they never put any grease in the idler, or if they did it wasn't real often, tracks are slack but the idler is pushed nearly all the way in. Loose chains are nearly as bad as too tight, at least on motorcycles, so I would imagine the same to be true for tracks too.
Yeah they are the same, before adjusting check with a bar how much side play they have. It'll be a pilot line machine with that Era of machine would be my guess so you'll have to find each circuit and move the pilots hoses and possibly have adapters built.

With the age of the machine I'd make dang sure you still can get the main valve and rotary manifold still take it from me I have a machine that's worth parts thanks to John Deere.

its a super common machine, used parts is everywhere.

Had the option of a similarly priced deere 490 with 4 buckets, nearly the same machine except the engine, and maybe the pumps, but in Idaho, not 40 miles from home.

Way I figure it, most things that go bad on a piece of iron tend to be hydraulic related or bushing/bearings, o-rings are pretty much all standard, bearings are cheaper through bearing supply houses, and bushings can be made.

Every thing else can welded rebuilt or replaced.

its a super common machine, used parts is everywhere.

Had the option of a similarly priced deere 490 with 4 buckets, nearly the same machine except the engine, and maybe the pumps, but in Idaho, not 40 miles from home.

Way I figure it, most things that go bad on a piece of iron tend to be hydraulic related or bushing/bearings, o-rings are pretty much all standard, bearings are cheaper through bearing supply houses, and bushings can be made.

Every thing else can welded rebuilt or replaced.
Been around 490's with fabtek 4 rollers before they are ok but not a great setup, another thing I forgot if you ever decide to take the machine into Oregon and take it in the brush you'll need the other style cab. Used parts are always a gamble especially with a whole valve or valve section, do you have gauges yet to test the pressure and caps for setting pressures?

nope no gauges, not even real smert as far as hydraulics go, so if the preasures need messing with I'll probably hire that done.

So Oregon requires the guarding or a whole different kind of cab?

Not that it matters, since I'm not real fond of Oregon, or welcome for that matter...

Seen some vids on the 4 roller heads, figure maybe some day if I find a deal on a used one it could be handy, if I ever get a job that has a bunch of pulp wood, limbing pulp by hand sucks... in a big way.

Fer now I think I'm just going to look for a ripper tooth and a smaller bucket.

And save muh pennies up for an escoline tower and drums that may or may not be meant for it.

Allied has a yoder set up for small excavators, would be slick as an option for this ole gurl... just spensive

nope no gauges, not even real smert as far as hydraulics go, so if the preasures need messing with I'll probably hire that done.

So Oregon requires the guarding or a whole different kind of cab?

Not that it matters, since I'm not real fond of Oregon, or welcome for that matter...

Seen some vids on the 4 roller heads, figure maybe some day if I find a deal on a used one it could be handy, if I ever get a job that has a bunch of pulp wood, limbing pulp by hand sucks... in a big way.

Fer now I think I'm just going to look for a ripper tooth and a smaller bucket.

And save muh pennies up for an escoline tower and drums that may or may not be meant for it.

Allied has a yoder set up for small excavators, would be slick as an option for this ole gurl... just spensive
Setting pressures is simple you just need a manual #4 hose about 15 to 20 feet long 2 braid can cut it but a 4 would be better and then gauges from 0-1000, 0-5000, 0-10k with some quick disconnects. On the head to put them on the 120's they did a lot of special work to the carrier, boom, and as well as adding all the valving on the boom. They say they are a 20" head but I've pushed ours running 24" export with it and some 28" stuff cutting 36's and 40's. I've seen the Allied stuff and summit but both are on 200 sized machine, if you look around there's a few grapples like the forwarder runs that work really well on smaller machines we use one that's larger on a 135 zero turn kobelco.

Back