The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the tower bit is removable, makin ut fairly easy to switch hit
They have pictures of the mountings it doesn't look that easy to remove the tower portion to me without another machine to lift and set it down. If you're dead set on doing cable steep ground I'd wait and see what the tethering does to the tower stuff with a few way to yard steep ground now you never know what the government will push next. And on the cab yeah Oregon requires a forestry shovel cab for brush work not landing though for older machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

View attachment 525569
der she is not her pretty side.

under carriage is in better shape then i thought sprockets arn't even wore that bad, i thin it really just needs a link removed to tighten them tracks up and maybe the upper rollers and she'll be good fr a few 1000 hours
That's always a fun deal to do, if you have time build a pin pusher and the plans for them. Does she have rock guards?

no rock guards, just open rollers on the bottom, its not real rocky around here anyway, just fist sized round rock or smaller that would get stuck in there anyway, get up on the mountains it gets rocky, but down in the valleys where I normally log its mostly glacial deposits. lots of sand and some clay.

Thinkin I could use a 25ton bottle jack as a pin pusher, build up some fancy heavy frame and have at it. If that don't work use 2 25 ton jacks

no rock guards, just open rollers on the bottom, its not real rocky around here anyway, just fist sized round rock or smaller that would get stuck in there anyway, get up on the mountains it gets rocky, but down in the valleys where I normally log its mostly glacial deposits. lots of sand and some clay.

Thinkin I could use a 25ton bottle jack as a pin pusher, build up some fancy heavy frame and have at it. If that don't work use 2 25 ton jacks
The pusher I've used were 45 ton Porta powers the other a buddy had was 100 ton if I remember right, most of the I used a good solid drift welded to a length of pipe as a handle. Rock guards are more or less just to keep the tracks from throwing off the rollers, sprockets, and idler it'd be well worth building a set or at least a few length of them.

Later today, she's coming home this morning.

from the other pic you can see where she's parked not a whole lot of room to take decent u/c pics, barely enough room for me to crawl through.

100 tons just seems overkill, but I don't really know wtf I'm doing there...
Once you heat them and beat on them for a while you'll see why, most of the time I get a spare pin or two so I can hollow out the pin it seems to help. Just for giggles make dang sure those rails are stretched enough before you pop a pin out. All the years we've had machines we've never broke a pad we reuse them on the next set of rails when we do UC.

sprockets is good, rollers all move not to much squeeling...

rock guards if ya mean the little flaps if steel under the idlers look to be nearly no more... i could probably weld some up fairly easily.

either the idlers is all the way out or the grease zerks for em is clogged cause thats as tight as they're going to get and it has more to do with the binders then anything

Back