• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

slowp

Tree Freak
Middle of a pandemic, economy just took a nose dive, price of silver/gold on a rocket trip

Log prices are up? a little anyway? I don't unuh stan
I assume from the demand for lumber. Lots of home improvement going on right now and even a few new homes being built. In these here parts I suspect a few folks from......SEATTLE are buying places and will need to fix them up to meet SEATTLE standards. However, I think our county is now number one in the state, or close to it, for Covid cases per capita. Thank you to the mega orchard corporation which played a major part in that happening.

NIP Group
northmanlogging

northmanlogging

The gyppo's gyppo
I assume from the demand for lumber. Lots of home improvement going on right now and even a few new homes being built. In these here parts I suspect a few folks from......SEATTLE are buying places and will need to fix them up to meet SEATTLE standards. However, I think our county is now number one in the state, or close to it, for Covid cases per capita. Thank you to the mega orchard corporation which played a major part in that happening.
Dunno? The cedar market is strong cause folks have finally had time to redo decks and fences.

The fir/hem market could be cause of a lot of new construction finally getting going again.

At the same time I know of at least 2 major outfits that shut down for a month when prices got real low, talking like 7-8 yarder sides moth balled, and Weyco shut down entirely for a little while too

A lot of this is in part because of concerns about covid, some of it because timber prices have taken a big fat dump since El Trump started his trade war.

Prices are nowhere near where they should be, since there is literally zero chinese export, they where likely 75% of the export market here, but China is just getting their wood from Russia, or Australia at the moment... and that market is more then likely not to come back... possibly ever.

Even though there are still daily trains plum full of Canadian lumber, and the odd oversize Fir logs from canada... (they float a few rafts down to Everett now and again) Our local mills are getting less then 15 loads a day... SP and Hampton are probably doing better, cause they get their own timber, and fight eachother for FS contracts, the rest of em are starving for wood. Before the trade war, it was more like 30-50 loads a day at the smaller mills, and 200 or more at the bigger mills