The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twochains

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Even though there is a thread for off topic chatting...none of "Us" are on it. I figure maybe this will be a place to discuss whatever such as "How ya doing" "Whats yer weather" "Yer in the dog house aye" "I woke up on the floor" or maybe even some logging discussion. :msp_w00t: ...instead of cluttering up Falling Pics. What say you guys? Hopefully the Pro guys will chime in and this thread goes over good enough.

I will start off...

bitzer- the saw has many many miles on it for sure. I burn an average of 1 1/2 to 2 gallons a day through it 5 to 6 days a week...so yeah, less than fresh motor. If I get a new one I will send one the 046's to ya...both are equally worn. I think I understand what you are saying about running that saw lie I still have a short bar on it. Habits...

ok now...somebody say something :rock:

Last edited:
even thought there is a thread for off topic chatting...none of "us" are on it. I figure maybe this will be a place to discuss whatever such as "how ya doing" "whats yer weather" "yer in the dog house aye" "i woke up on the floor" or maybe even some logging discussion. :msp_w00t: ...instead of cluttering up falling pics. What say you guys? Hopefully the pro guys will chime in and this thread goes over good enough.

I will start off...

Bitzer- the saw has many many miles on it for sure. I burn an average of 1 1/2 to 2 gallons a day through it 5 to 6 days a week...so yeah, less than fresh motor. If i get a new one i will send one the 046's to ya...both are equally worn. I think i understand what you are saying about running that saw lie i still have a short bar on it. Habits...

Ok now...somebody say something :rock:

boo

Seriously tho getting your saw opened up would do no harm at all.

however if ya do get a 660 with the full wrap it will give ya more scope and options etc

So... I ordered a set of replacement nails for my boots the other day. Box comes in the mail and all that was in it was the wrench! I had tried to order last 2 Saturdays ago and the woman said they were back ordered. When I finally placed my order last Monday, I asked specifically if they had the nails I wanted in stock. I was tol they did or I would have ordered the regular nails. Well guess what... they are on back order for at least a week! Oh well...except mine are worn so bad they have very little benefit.

Any of you guys evr tried the "Red Wood " nails? Heck I've tried Hoffman's and Phillips tool steels several times now so I figured the longer ones might be ok. That is as long as they on't pick up too much leaf litter.

Man that's some bad #### there! If I was driving to Ok city I could be there in 5 hrs or so. That storm line took from 3:19 to nearly midnight to reach me in full force. All we got was big wind and good size hail and lots of rain. Today we got the rest of it and it is still lingering around.

Hey when I was coming home from my Son's races the Saturday night we saw 3 flashes in the sky, looked kinda like a super trooper road block. Well turns out that people are saying that a meteor hit the lake!!! No official news and not alot of talk about it for some reason.

Man that's some bad #### there! If I was driving to Ok city I could be there in 5 hrs or so. That storm line took from 3:19 to nearly midnight to reach me in full force. All we got was big wind and good size hail and lots of rain. Today we got the rest of it and it is still lingering around.

Hey when I was coming home from my Son's races the Saturday night we saw 3 flashes in the sky, looked kinda like a super trooper road block. Well turns out that people are saying that a meteor hit the lake!!! No official news and not alot of talk about it for some reason.

I feel so bad for those people

There are 51 dead. Horrible stories...witnesses said it was like that movie "Twister". There were horses and cows way up in the tornado. There is a horrible story from the town Mayor I believe it was...they witnessed a...I better not it's just not respectful.

I was just watching the evening news and they showed the IMAX theater with work crews fixing the lights...some people may read this a s "Why the Hell are they fixing a movie theater while a 2 mile wide strip of town is no longer in existence." I would think that if they can get that IMAX theater cleaned up and those neon lights going...it would bring a slight bit of hope and normalcy to a town in total disarray. I have seen leveled towns and it would have to be horrid to just lose everything round you in minutes. Very sad!

Thats enough to make a person feel sick. Is it just me and my bad memory or is it hotter than normal for may? It has been near 90 for 3 days here now ... 88 for today to be exact.

Thats enough to make a person feel sick. Is it just me and my bad memory or is it hotter than normal for may? It has been near 90 for 3 days here now ... 88 for today to be exact.

ha ha you sweatin too. it hot here too. i'll mail ya some a these sheep flies ta go wit da heat. :jester:

Well that was an interesting conversation with the GF . She says Im pushing to hard and Im cranky. When I can get 2 to 3 loads a day on the landing then Im pushing. I am more or less puttering right now imo. My "mentor" put 9 loads on the landing in 4 days with a flipping JD 4x4 tractor and a farmi winch by HIS SELF. Now that is pushing. But I keep in mind that he is a work -o-holic. I am a single parent. Eh I'll get ther when I get there. A skidder or a 4x4 tractor is in my future. I have an old duck who will run dozer for me, so I can put him on dirt pushing jobs and clean ups, while I am in the woods.

no it not we getting snow called today lol it only 38 here

Please when you use that s word.. bleep it out.. I have sensitive looking holes and hearing holes...... no foul language ....:msp_angry:

Latest posts

Back