• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

The offical trains thread.

naturelover

naturelover

Tree Freak
Was some discussion of my signature picture and link from some other members, and indeed some exciting times coming up for train enthusiasts, especially with steam.

First of all, much deserving of the first post, the Big Boy 4014's first whistle blow in 60 years on its way to a full restoration and first scheduled departure this Saturday.

NIP Group
Todd Loosli

Todd Loosli

One to many saws, never
Awesome! I’d love to be able to attend.

Hopefully UP will give 3985 some attention now.
It is my understanding that 3985 won't run again, rumored that the new president of up thinks steam is to costly and doesn't want to spend the money to have a smaller version of 4014 running around using more money. Only going by what a member of up stream told my good friend. Hope it isn't true Cuz it would be a great loss to not see 3985 on the tracks

naturelover

naturelover

Tree Freak
It is my understanding that 3985 won't run again, rumored that the new president of up thinks steam is to costly and doesn't want to spend the money to have a smaller version of 4014 running around using more money. Only going by what a member of up stream told my good friend. Hope it isn't true Cuz it would be a great loss to not see 3985 on the tracks
:(. Hope that isn’t true also. Those two engines triple heading with 844 would be a once in a lifetime sight to behold.

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
I can't remember his name, but there was a guy here a few years back who had a train in his avatar and his member name was a train number as well. He was a really nice guy, used to chat with him. Haven't seen him in ages.