the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i know i thought i would ask and see though.i always said it does hurt to ask and see what the anser is LOL

I'll go start another thread and keep the book on this one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

Im in. I have two, an 044 and if all goes well, a 372. :)

What about B&C? Everybody running the same one or?

I believe that the husky and stihl's both use a 72DL 20" bar.

wiggs i think were are going straight up husky on the build off so that were are compairing work on the same saws. but if the folks that are building dont care we can go 50mm husky and stihl. i dont mind i have a 440 that im about to build anyway.

ill have a bar and chain there for the build off saws to use. if theres not too many saws i will buy a new chain for each one so they all run on a fresh chain. we will be using a 24'' bar and cutting 20'' wood

wiggs i think were are going straight up husky on the build off so that were are compairing work on the same saws. but if the folks that are building dont care we can go 50mm husky and stihl. i dont mind i have a 440 that im about to build anyway.

Who wants a stinking old Husky? :laugh:

No biggie. I have a stock 50mm 044 right now that I can do up, but the 372 is yet to be in my hands, so I wont know about it till I get it in.

EIther way, Id love to make it down there for this GTG. :cheers:

I ain't got no 372 either. :cry:

:cry: and I only have a 371, and a 2071 (still needing some body parts..) :monkey:

don't feel bad, Randy... I guess I can't play either. :cry:

will usually has a few stashed back,and nmurph has a 365 for sale on the cheap that would go 372

so...

are their clarified rules?? as in, 50mm ONLY?

just curious

50mm only no big bores, if we were using big bores id say im ready becouse i gots a smokin fast xpw that i been killing trees with the last few weeks. ive grown to like the 372 after many hours of griping about them. i still love the 440 too.

this is a work saw build not stock appearing

..............................Heres the rules....................................

---------------we are building 371/372xp 50mm (72cc)---------------
1 cylinder has to be true to the saw,no big bore kits
2 use any piston you want to use
3 intake and carb has to be true to the saw
4 has to have functional choke
5 must use oem style filter
6 saw must be completely safe to use daily
7 must not have pipes larger than 1" diameter (od) protruding from muffler
8 has to have spark screen (requirement on most felling jobs)
9 saw must run on pump gas

Last edited:
I need to find a 372 for this. I might have enough time to get one done by then. I have about a week before the next job and after that I don't know when I'll have time off again. They've mentioned working for 4 months in CA after this job in VA.

On Rule number 4, does it have to be a stock choke? Or can it be a modified one? Just a functioning choke?

Rule 7? Is there a limit to how many pipes? and is that ID or OD.

Any specifications on the spark screen? How will you test this?

I think if he takes one of them logging and the forest service catches him without a screen it's no good. That's the reason for the screen and work saw rules.

Back